Ipod Integration Into Navi Screen

reg767

I have it installed in my RX330, it works perfectly and sounds great.

BUT, it does not display through the navi screen. The display is on the stereo itself, there is no connection to the Navi...at least not on the 330.

Overall install was pretty easy, all the functionality remains intact and the sound quality is great.

I have it installed in my RX330, it works perfectly and sounds great. 

BUT, it does not display through the navi screen.  The display is on the stereo itself, there is no connection to the Navi...at least not on the 330.

Overall install was pretty easy, all the functionality remains intact and the sound quality is great.

VervishRX-

can you describe the install process? ie, what did you do first? i dont have a clue where to start pulling what off :)

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Installed Vaistech AVIC-100i A/V Auxiliary Input Adapter with Apple® iPod™ interface. Although ipod controls are pretty basic through Radio controls, it allows to play aux A/V like a DVD player. I installed DVD player under backseat (reachable from front passengers seat) and remote control above rear view mirror, Plays DVDs through Nav unit. Sounds great and looks great. When ordering you must specify long cable required so head unite mounts up in front. Also need to wire so unit thinks it is in reverse, this way it plays DVDs while driving.

Has anyone seen or used this solution for the IPOD?  It seems that an IPOD can be directly integrated into the factory audio system with on-screen controls (Navi screen).

See link here:  http://www.vaistech.com/aic100i.html

(my car:  Lexus 2002 RX300 4x4 Premium Audio)