Front Diff Fill & Drain Plugs?

Magnoman

I am a bit confused about the drain plugs on the front diff? On the Diff it self I found the blue fill

plug half way up facing back 15/16th .A drain plug down a bit facing towards the pass tire.15/16.

But there is one more 10mm hex plug on the bottom is this for the diff also ?

very confused!!!!!

The 15/16 plugs are for what they refer to as the transfer case. That takes gear oil.

The 10mm hex (there are 2) are for your transmission drain and front differential drain. The transmission one faces down and the differential one faces sideways.

The front diff and transmission both fill through the transmission dipstick tube and both take Toyota T-IV tranny fluid.

Hope that helps.

Tom

The 15/16 plugs are for what they refer to as the transfer case.  That takes gear oil.

The 10mm hex (there are 2) are for your transmission drain and front differential drain.  The transmission one faces down and the differential one faces sideways.

The front diff and transmission both fill through the transmission dipstick tube and both take Toyota T-IV tranny fluid.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Thanks, I just want to change the Front Diff gear oil to syn. SO that would be Just the two 15/16

plugs right ,Gear oil.

People use front differential and transfer case interchangably here. But what I noticed is rear differential for AWD uses gear oil, so it is reasonable to say the front differential also uses GL5 also. The transfer case and the tranny use ATF.

Naming aside, you can just replace the same type of fluid you drained with.