02 Gs300 Heater Circuit For Oxygen Sensor Question

My check engine light came on and I took it to AutoZone to see what the troubleshooting code was. It is P0161 - A malfunction in the heater circuit for oxygen sensor 2 in bank 2. Does anyone know what the best option is for me to go about fixing this without going to the dealership? Also, is this a serious problem? Thank You!

Most likely the sensor heater has failed. Check the resistance of the heater in the sensor. It will most likely be open (no resistance) indicating the sensor heater has failed. I recommend getting the OEM type with the correct plug from oxygensensors.com.

Bank_2_Sensor_2.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your prompt response! I really appreciate the explanation and pdf attachment. I took my car in this AM with all of my ammo and felt good knowing what I was talking about! :) :) :) Your time is really appreciated!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Anytime. It's the people who appreciate that make this forum worthwhile.

Do you happen to have the similiar diagram for bank 1 sensor 2? I would be most grateful. I am trying to figure out if this is something I can do myself. Thanks!

Anytime. It's the people who appreciate that make this forum worthwhile.

Do you happen to have the similiar diagram for bank 1 sensor 2? I would be most grateful. I am trying to figure out if this is something I can do myself. Thanks!

I'm also in need of some b1s2 assistance. I know where the sensor is located but I'm getting conlicting part numbers from oxygensensors.com and rockauto.com. A OEM part number would be great. If you do a search under b1s2 you'll find the post that addressed the location issues. Cylinders 1,2,3 (bank one) post cat(sensor 2) visible if you look under your hood on the passenger side of the engine.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Most likely the sensor heater has failed. Check the resistance of the heater in the sensor. It will most likely be open (no resistance) indicating the sensor heater has failed. I recommend getting the OEM type with the correct plug from oxygensensors.com.

Thanks for that info, even though it is 2009 September, you input still in demand.