2006 Rattle In The Back

• 3 years later...

When driving in the '06 I keep hearing a rattling sound coming from the rear cabin. It is not a high piched tone, more deeper. I think it is coming from the rear screen area, but am not sure.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks

I get squeaks from the rear cabin as well. The most annoy thing is that it comes and goes. It seems to come when the weather is warm. Now that it's November, I rarely get them, but my warranty is about to expire. i have 47K on my GS. I see that your post is from 2005, but were you able to get this resolved? Please advise...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
When driving in the '06 I keep hearing a rattling sound coming from the rear cabin. It is not a high piched tone, more deeper. I think it is coming from the rear screen area, but am not sure.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks

I'm having the same problems. Discussed this with Lexus on my last scheduled visit. They indicated for $250.00 they could remove the glass pins (and this would take care of it). They claimed that my warranty declined the repair and I refuse to pay $250 to have some pins removed - why the warranty won't take care of it is beyond me. I'm going to push the point and see if it will be covered with the warranty. I think Lexus just trying to get some money from me. Anyone had their problem taken care of with the warranty paying for it?

rattles are covered by warranty by Lexus.

what he said. The windshield alignment pins are covered by a TSB and warranty. They should not be charging you a thing.

TSBs invloved are NV005-06 (windshield ticking), NV004-06 (instrument panel rattle) and NV002-05 (creaking noise from back glass area)

steviej

• 2 weeks later...

I just got it fixed and it was covered by the limited warranty. And yes, it was due to the pins in the headliner. So happy that this noise is gone!!

what he said. The windshield alignment pins are covered by a TSB and warranty. They should not be charging you a thing.

TSBs invloved are NV005-06 (windshield ticking), NV004-06 (instrument panel rattle) and NV002-05 (creaking noise from back glass area)

steviej

• 2 months later...

steviej

Does anyone know when these TSB's were issued and if they apply to the 2008 GS's as well?

Lee