93 Es300 Alarm Issues

rwagner01

:wacko: 10 months ago I bought my 20 year old daughter a 93 es300 with 150k for college. Apparently her radio and a/c went dead one day when she turned on the right blinker. (i so proud she uses blinkers, not many do anymore) Well the goof she calls a boyfriend this week checked all the fuses and none were blown. he then takes the dash appart before someone with brains shows up and asked him if he had checked the fuses in hood. That is where the fuse was blown. Well after dippy took the dash apart everytime my daughter has to start the car as soon as she unlocks the door the alarm goes off and the key will not shut it off. she has to disconnect the battery. then put the key in turn on the car and rehook battery. I have tried everything I know of. Anyone know where the problem is or at least what I should try.

thanks

sorry more info if needed.

93 es300

cd changer in trunk

no sun roof

no leaks or knocks

great car until.......

has keyless entry but the key with the remote has always been cracked and broke right where the button was. never has been an issue as long as use key

sorry more info if needed.

93 es300

cd changer in trunk

no sun roof

no leaks or knocks

great car until.......

has keyless entry but the key with the remote has always been cracked and broke right where the button was. never has been an issue as long as use key

now we have even a new wrinkle. the car will not start. the trunk will not open unless key is used. the key will not turn off alarm u have to disconnect battery. please help

I can't help you with the alarm. :'(

I *can* tell you the blinker system has 100% nothing in common with the A/C & Radio system.

I'm betting somebody put something into her cig lighter port & found out Lexus/Toyota doesn't put much wiring to the cig lighter. They can't draw much more than charging a cell phone without blowing fuses, or melting the wiring! :D

Live & learn!

There is a yellow button in the glove box which deactivates the trunk button on the door .I would check that first for the trunk issue.

Now if the button does not change things i would guess it is all because the alarm is active and won't release the functions as it think its armed still. Try the power door lock buttons if they are inactive also then i would suspect the alarm not being able to turn off.

It works by turning the lock cylinder on the drivers door. There is a switch that turns the alarm on and off. You need to remove the door panel and check the wiring for the lock and make sure the door is switch is working properly .If it is something with the brain might be screwed up.

I would also look into getting a used key off eBay to fix your broken one as well .

i have got the car to start. put a new battery in key and with a tiny screw driver was able to push button and it unlocked the ignition lock down. BUT AND the is strange. The alarm will not turn off when you use the key on door or if leave window down and put key in igition. as soon as the auto door lock ingages from that moment on the only way to turn off alarm is unhook the battery. The wireless key will unlock the door but not turn off the alarm. The key itself will unlock the door but as soon as you open the door the alarm goes off. If you sit in the car and wait for the alarm to engage then put key in ignition the alarm will sound when you turn key. Am I brain dead. oops i mean is the alarm brain dead and what can I do.

The car auto door lock and alarm had never came on in the 8 months my daughter had drove it until the stereo went out and her air head boyfriend took the whole dash and stereo out to "fix" it. He does not remember what he hooked or unhooked.

UPDATE:: I after I posted this reply this morning I read some other postings about alarm issues again. What I think I read was the auto door lock did not come with the factory alarm. I went out and set the alarm off and found that there were 2 horns that were not factory. I took the inline fuse out of the line that was coming from battery and I cut the wires between the two horns. Alarm has not went off. The key unlocks the door and the car does not auto lock. I guess for now it is solved. Thank you all for your input.

• 4 weeks later...
It sounds as though a remotoe/start alarm may have been installed as well as a radio wich was removed as well which has caused a few wiring issues with the car.

Thanks for the reply Sk what I found out was an after market alarm was installed and the boyfriend somehow reset it. The car dealer or the previous owner (1 owner, I checked) had turned it off and somehow it became reactivated when dippy took out radio. I ended up taking the cover below the dash that lets me see the whole fuse panel and I found where someone had spliced into 4 wires so I just removed the splices follwed the wires to the alarm and removed it. Then I covered the bare spot on the wires with some electrical tape and have not had a problem since.