Head-on Crash With $25,000 Damage To Rx 330

RaleighRick

In May 2005, another driver hit my RX 330 head-on and unfortunately, the driver was insured by Allstate. After $25,000+ of repairs, the insurance company still refused to "total loss" the vehicle and has offered only $5000 in diminished value. According to an independant appraiser who carefully inspected the RX, the vehicle has lost $12,500 value. The local Lexus dealer is offering $14,000 less for the vehicle, due to the repairs now listed in the vehicle's history and another diminished value website, simply crunching the numbers of "before accident value" and "cost of repair" has a DV of $9,000.

Has anyone had experience with selling a Lexus that has had such serious work performed? Does anyone know any other sources that can offer specifics regarding DV on vehicles? I'm looking for any specific cases since this may result in a court case.

Also, after the repair, the RX no longer has that "isolation chamber" feel in the interior. I can feel every ripple in the road and it's making me quite sick!

Any ideas? Thank you from RALEIGH, NC :chairshot:

My son has gotten in 5 car accidents in his 03 LS430. Every time, damaging a different side of the car. Presently the car is still running fine, but even during the few times i have been in in, it does feel "different." It's not as quiet and doesn't ride as the 05 does.

Fortunately the people that hit him had great insurance and payed for the times that they were at fault. I have NO idea if the LS is worth less because of these accidents, but i'm sure it would be VERY hard to sell.

I got in a few accidents, and all of those times i couldn't trade them in for as much as they were really worth (b/c of the accident history).

When we tried to trade in my wife's old GS430 we got jipped a bit, only because she hit a deer and had major body work done.

I have heard of insurance paying the difference though.