Small Rust Spots & Paint Bottle

Jpauli48

So I'm a new owner of a 93 ES300 and I really want to fix up this bad boy. I noticed that there are some minor rust spots developing and I want to solve that problem before it gets worse. My idea was to take a dremel and sand away the rust and apply some touch up paint over it. Does anyone have a better solution? And also, where is the best place to get the paint bottle to match my exact car color? Dealer or internet perhaps? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Justin

dealership is not bad for the paint, it is not that expensive.

depending on how big the dremeled area is, I would really rethink the whole idea.

If you got rust coming through, then you got rust down under. Take it to a body shop for an estimate. That way they can blend the repaired area alot better then you can do with a bottle and brush.

steviej

i bought the touch-up paint for my 93 ES300 online and they put it in a spray can so i was able to blend the dual coat in with the surrounding paint. looked really nice too when i did it myself. cost $28 per color on the dual coat to put it in a spray can though. was cheaper than the $300 it would have cost to paint my bumper and the quarter panel.

It's do-able, god know's I've repainted mine a hundred times now in spots with good results. You have to be inately patient & work your !Removed! off for it not to look like like you just pulled the brush out of the bottle & dabbed it on. I know. I've got three or four I just did half assed & they stand out. I'll have to take the time to wet sand them back down & do it all over again. :\

www.autopia.org is where you need to learn at.

Instructions here.