Installing New Attenna On Rx300

trout

I bought mine from this web site. AntennaMastsRus.com If you go there you can print the instructions. It is easy, take off the nut that holds the antenna to the body and have someone turn on the radio. It will push out the mast. Note which way the teeth are facing on the nylon cord. Measure the entire length of mast and nylon cord, with the new on. it should be the exact same length. If the new one is longer you have to get into the power unit. Do not cut the new one you have a piece of the old one stuck inside and it must be removed. This is a much bigger job. If it is the same just push the new cord into the hole making sure the teeth on the cord are facing the same way as when you took the old one out. Now have some turn the radio off and it will pull it in. This was the hardest part for me, the teeth took awhile to grab. I had to try 4-5 times before it grabbed. Once it goes in put the nut back on and turn the radio on and off a few times letting the mast go to full out and in and it will be good to go.