Lost My "coolness"

Hello:

I went into the store with the auto AC control working. When I came out waiting for the cool air, nothing. The temp guage that reads the outside temp displays dashes. The display is still active but no air. Any thoughts? Fuse? Worse. Please help me get my "coolness" back.

Slate

Well:

I guess it was a computer burp. When I left work today, the auto AC control was working like new. Perhaps turning the vehicle off rebooted the system upon start up. Does a 1998 GS400 have such a system? Thanks for the reply re: diagnostics. I would still like elaboration on how to run the diagnostics in case the need arises in the future.

Slate

Well:

I guess it was a computer burp. When I left work today, the auto AC control was working like new. Perhaps turning the vehicle off rebooted the system upon start up. Does a 1998 GS400 have such a system? Thanks for the reply re: diagnostics. I would still like elaboration on how to run the diagnostics in case the need arises in the future.

Slate

It's OBD2 so someone with a scan tool might pick something up, if it stored a code. Best thing is probably go to Lexus or toyota and have them scan it.

No NAV. Hey, a thought. NO probs since I first posted the spontaneous return of AC. When I got into the vehicle, I hit the Auto button while the car was starting (the split second pause between the engine start and when all the lights and guages come on) and wonder if I didn't somehow send the computer a mixed signal and it went into a safe mode. I am going to follow it and see if it happens again. Thanks for all the replies, and the PDFs were very informative.

Slate