How To Drop The Spare?

95Schwinn

I'm at my son's house, and my tire has a nail in it, and it's going down. My manual is on my nightstand, and I can't figure out how to drop the spare. Any ideas? BTW, this is a RX400H.

I looked in the sunshade bay and the tool bay.... ??

By memory: my RX330 requires you open the tool compartments. Using the jack crank, locate at the back right part of the back most storage compartment. There is a slot you can insert the crank into and turn to lower the spare under the car.

If the tire is not flat.

Just go down to your nearest Walmart or auto store & purchase a tire repair plug kit

about $9 - $12 .

All you have to do is pull the nail out of the tire with pliers & insert a plug from the kit while on your RX no need to take the tire off.

{see directions on kit}

With a razor cut the plug leave about 1/4 " extra add air to recommend tire pressure.

If the tire is not flat.

Just go down to your nearest  Walmart or auto store & purchase a tire repair plug kit

about  $9 -  $12 .

All you have to do is  pull the nail out of the tire with pliers & insert a plug from the kit while on your RX no need to take the tire off.

{see directions on kit} 

With a razor cut the plug leave about  1/4 " extra  add air to recommend tire pressure.

Tire plugs are only recommended as a temporary repair by the Rubber Manufacturers Association. The recommended "permanent" repair is to dismount the tire and patch the tire from the inside. A good tire store (Costco?) would use this permanent method.

Yeah, plugs are probably not ideal, but I've been using plugs to fix nail flats and just forgot about them till it was time to get new tires.

While sure, they don't restore your tire to new condition/reliability, they also have never leaked on me or caused a blow out. So, they are a pretty good option.