Water On Front Driver Side Floor

Hi All,

I've got a 2000 Es 300. Noticed dampness on door side of front driver side floor. I do not smell--or see--any coolant. It's rained a bit in past few days (Hattiesburg, MS)

From other posts, I know to check the sunroof drain (using WD40 with Nozzle), as well as bottom door rubber moldings. Should the WD40 allow anything clogged just to run through the drain? If not, how might I fix?

Any ideas? Solutions?

It is under warranty. Bought it CPO in May.

Thanks,

Greg

Sounds to me like you've go it covered! I'm not sure if a penatrating oil could clear a clog or not. If it doesn't get better; run 40psi through the two drain holes, if it doesn't get better, try 80psi. I wouldn't personally go any higher.

I d get it fixed under warranty,

here is what my problem was, I had leak in front also, and it was not from the drains,

It was from the front plastic piece, that is under the wiper blades

It was moving and allowing the water to seep through and go right inside the vent hole, leaking onto heater fan, and going all over in front. mostly collecting next to the left foot of passenger.

hope this helps, yours might be a totally different problem, but check that plastic piece on the pass. side to see if it has any movement/space between the plastic and your windshield, it should be tight there

hope it helps, good luck ,

ilya

IlyaIlya,

Thanks for the tip--although my dampness ( I do not see any leak or liquid falling) is on the driver side left foot. Do you think it could still be symptom of your problem.

I d get it fixed under warranty, 

here is what my problem was,  I had leak in front also,  and it was not from the drains, 

It was from the front plastic piece, that is under the wiper blades

It was moving  and allowing the water to seep through and go right inside the vent hole,  leaking onto  heater fan,  and going all over  in front.  mostly collecting next to the left foot of passenger.

hope this helps,  yours might be a totally different problem, but check that plastic piece  on the pass. side  to see if it has any movement/space between the plastic and your windshield,  it should be tight there 

hope it helps,  good luck ,

ilya