Ls 400 Radio Removal Questions

MarkLS400

Hello fellow Lexus owners,

I am searching for information to remove the factory 1992 LS 400 radio for servicing. I purchased a CD "service manual" on eBay and although it contains mechanical information, it lacks data on servicing the entertainment system, climate control panel, etc.

I puchased a Lexus service manual book by Chilton, but with similar content.

I need to access the back of the radio to connect an RF modulator so I can get DVD audio to the radio system. I cannot locate the antenna connection from either side of the console.

I inspected the radio front panel but cannot find any access to fasteners or indents for removal of the panel. The plastic seems fragile so I don't want to start prying without knowing exacting what I should be doing.

If anyone can help me with this question I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mark Stephen

Clovis CA

Hi, I am new to the forum, but am also replacing my radio. I'm going to try to a CD faceplate using the radio one as a template for my 91 LS400.

I found great instructions on removing the radio/AC unit, and a place that will repair any part of it very reasonably. They have provided the info with the idea that you'll send yours in to be reapaired, but perhaps you can just remove the old player and install a new one in its place.

http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexu...xusLS400str.htm

Lots of luck,

Adam Evans

evansa@ohsu.edu

Mark, Open the trunk and pull the trim(carpet looking stuff) from the side if the trunk on the drivers side. You will see the power antenna and its cables. You can go through there. I did this last year in my car. It sounds ok but you might want to use a noise filter because you will get a little of engine noise.

Michael