Bluetooth

New '06 GS300 AWD w/bluetooth not totally compatible with my Motorola V710 blue tooth phone. Won't D/L address book, etc. Cell provider is Verizon. Anybody offer any help on this? Thanks!

New '06 GS300 AWD w/bluetooth not totally compatible with my Motorola V710 blue tooth phone. Won't D/L address book, etc. Cell provider is Verizon. Anybody offer any help on this? Thanks!

As of now, my understanding is that you cannot transfer the phonebook from that phone or the new e815 to the lexus (I am in the same predicament). If you go to Howardsforum and search for lexus/bluetooth you will see this. There are some workarounds, but they appear to be to buy a cheap treo or like bluetooth pda and put your address book in to the car that way and then you can use the 710.

Ed:

There currently is no workaround to this issue. I have spoken with Lexus engineers and they have confirmed they are working on a solution with Denso, the OEM manufacturer of the Nav/BT system. The rep. did say there would no solution for the '06 model year but would likely be adddressed in the '07 models. When I inquired as to whether a firmware upgrade would be made available for our systems ho said he had no info. as to whether that would be possible. The other issue you will likely encounter with the V710 or E815 (I own both) is that there will be no audible ringer in the car . . only the handset itself will ring. Congrats on the new car . . .

Ed:

There currently is no workaround to this issue. I have spoken with Lexus engineers and they have confirmed they are working on a solution with Denso, the OEM manufacturer of the Nav/BT system. The rep. did say there would no solution for the '06 model year but would likely be adddressed in the '07 models. When I inquired as to whether a firmware upgrade would be made available for our systems ho said he had no info. as to whether that would be possible. The other issue you will likely encounter with the V710 or E815 (I own both) is that there will be no audible ringer in the car . . only the handset itself will ring. Congrats on the new car . . .

The phonebook problem is not with LEXUS, it is with Verizon. Verizon blocks the OBX option on the Bluetooth Phone. This option allows you send contacts/files via bluetooth. (They claim the reason is because they are not pleased with the performance - the true reason, is because they don't want you to send pictures via bluetooth for free...they want you to use the VZ Picture Mail and charge you)

The only "workaround" is what I did - buy a cheap phone on ebay and use that to import.

As for the ringer, it is annoying that it doesn't ring - especially since I keep my phone on vibrate. If you keep the radio on, it's okay though as it mutes the radio and you know you have a call.

Ed:

The phonebook problem is not with LEXUS, it is with Verizon. Verizon blocks the OBX option on the Bluetooth Phone. This option allows you send contacts/files via bluetooth. (They claim the reason is because they are not pleased with the performance - the true reason, is because they don't want you to send pictures via bluetooth for free...they want you to use the VZ Picture Mail and charge you)

The only "workaround" is what I did - buy a cheap phone on ebay and use that to import.

As for the ringer, it is annoying that it doesn't ring - especially since I keep my phone on vibrate. If you keep the radio on, it's okay though as it mutes the radio and you know you have a call.

the only way right now to download ur phonebook is to borrow a blue tooth phone from somebody , not with verizon or sprint.. enter your phonebook list, sinc it with the car and then connect back to your phone..the phonebook will be entered and you can use it...if your phone #s change the car list wont change

I was surprised to discover that you can't hard-key enter names/addresses into the vehicle's phone book(?!!). The only way to get entires into phone book is download from bluetooth phone.

Since I'm working off a Blackberry with Bluetooth, and have 1,500 contacts, I can't fully download all contacts into the system.

Short-sighted.

I2D