Check This Out

Thanks for a link to a great article. One of the reasons i purchased a hybrid was to try to start to do something about both the fossil fuels we consume, and our funding of terrorism through mideast oil dependence. Americans have the ingenuity to fix a problem that our current government doesnt want to address. WWest are u working on a plug in lithium battery for my 400h???

The problem with plug-ins is that it would mean (for many commuters) that the engine would be turned on for only a few miles, encouraging oil sludge from improper warm-up. This would mean that super-frequent oil changes (every month or so) would be mandatory to prevent said sludge build-up from destroying the engine. How do you get around this scenario? Obviously, Toyota and Honda have not determined the answer.

My dealer mentioned to me that Toyota is already putting an anti sludge Castrol synthetic blend in the 400h from the factory and that is what they use at the dealership for oil changes. I think the technology is already out there to prevent sludge, and frankly i already change my oil more frequently than required by Toyota, i think its cheap insurance for all the vehicles i own.