C-best Settings For The 400h

Does anyone have the C-Best settings list for the RX400h ?

My dealer handed me the one for the RX330 and asked for my choices. I asked about the Door Locking settings and wanted to 'try' first before deciding and he was agreeable to that. I then started reading the Owner's Manual and found that this one was described in the manual and I could do it myself. After some difficulty with it, I went back to the dealership and showed them the Owner's Manual instructions. They couldn't do it and was suggesting I let their service people do it with their equipment. 'No Thanks' After some more experimenting, I got it! :P I later showed it to the salesman! I like the option which locks all doors after getting up to about 12 mph! I didn't like starting the car, backing out which locked the doors, and then I'd have to unlock to let my wife get in on the passenger side.

Enough of my 'door' experiences. Have you checked the Owner's Manual for the particular settings you're interested in??

My dealer handed me the one for the RX330 and asked for my choices. I asked about the Door Locking settings and wanted to 'try' first before deciding and he was agreeable to that. I then started reading the Owner's Manual and found that this one was described in the manual and I could do it myself. After some difficulty with it, I went back to the dealership and showed them the Owner's Manual instructions. They couldn't do it and was suggesting I let their service people do it with their equipment. 'No Thanks' After some more experimenting, I got it! :P I later showed it to the salesman! I like the option which locks all doors after getting up to about 12 mph! I didn't like starting the car, backing out which locked the doors, and then I'd have to unlock to let my wife get in on the passenger side.

Enough of my 'door' experiences. Have you checked the Owner's Manual for the particular settings you're interested in??

You can find a pdf file on the web by searching for "lexus door lock settings rx400h." It shows you all the settings available for doors, etc.

I'm under the impression that more things can be adjusted with CBEST settings than the list of door settings and such they give you with the car. I've seen a more extensive list of those settings posted for the RX330. I assume the more extensive list is what Jerry is asking for.

uthorns, putting those terms into google is bringing up a lot of hits and none of the first 30 or so appears to be the pdf you mention. I've tried narrowing the search and I don't get the pdf either. Is what you found the CustomerSelectionForm pdf or something more extensive? If it is the latter, can you post the pdf or a link here?

I'm under the impression that more things can be adjusted with CBEST settings than the list of door settings and such they give you with the car. I've seen a more extensive list of those settings posted for the RX330. I assume the more extensive list is what Jerry is asking for.

uthorns, putting those terms into google is bringing up a lot of hits and none of the first 30 or so appears to be the pdf you mention. I've tried narrowing the search and I don't get the pdf either. Is what you found the CustomerSelectionForm pdf or something more extensive? If it is the latter, can you post the pdf or a link here?

patt...My apologies. What I found is indeed customerselectionform.pdf. It has 16 items listed. 13 of the 16 items have to do with doors, 1 moonroof, 1 A/C and 1 lighting. Sorry...

I also tried unsuccessfuly to get the locks to work at 12 mph! How did you do it??

Ron

go to lexus.com or use this link :

http://lexus2.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/lexus2....ated=1119453544

a pdf file... print only page 2 to save ink. I will have this done tomorrow. I think there is a form in my glove compartment but have printed the form anyway.

go to lexus.com or use this link :

http://lexus2.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/lexus2....ated=1119453544

a pdf file... print only page 2 to save ink. I will have this done tomorrow. I think there is a form in my glove compartment but have printed the form anyway.

Never even heard of this-cbest-but I would love to not have the doors lock-Hate it. Who does these settings? dealer?

I also tried unsuccessfuly to get the locks to work at 12 mph! How did you do it??

Ron

Ron, see page 44 of the Owner's Manual. In the second column, 'To select the locking linked with the vehicle speed:' gives the instructions. Notice before that they tell you to be sure to apply the parking brake when performing the operations. The key is to perform it within the 10 seconds and to holding the driver's side power door lock switch in the lock position for 5 seconds! . The doors did NOT 'lock and unlock...' as the manual says to indicate that the function was set. As I recall, it only 'locked' the door.

Give it a couple of tries... remember, within 10 seconds of turning the switch to 'on'. If that doesn't do it, repost and I'll reset mine to positively make sure that is the way to do it!

Hi,

Please do me a favour, post this page 44 of the Owner's Manual with locking linked with the vehicle speed. Here in Russian manual we do not have this at all.

Many thanks in advance.

Ilya

Be sure to apply the parking brake when performing the following operations.

To select the locking linked with the vehicle speed:

1. Close all doors and turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.

2. Shift the selector lever from "P" to the "N" position.

3. Within 10 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the "ON" position, press and hold the driver's side power door lock switch in the lock position for 5 seconds and then release.

The doors will lock or unlock to indicate that the function is set. To cancel the function, do the above operation again.

------------***------------

Sounds pretty simple and it is but you need to read these a few times, and follow them correctly. I got in the car, set the parking brake, turned the key to the "ON" position (I think you can start it if you wish although I didn't), stepped on the brake pedal (to allow you to shift the lever), moved the selector to "N" and then press the door lock and hold for a count of 5 seconds, and then release. That should do it. Now you can unset the parking brake.

I was not successful the first time I tried it. The key is to smoothly go through the steps and in a timely manner!

Hi,

Please do me a favour, post this page 44 of the Owner's Manual with locking linked with the vehicle speed. Here in Russian manual we do not have this at all.

Many thanks in advance.

Ilya

3. Within 10 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the "ON" position, press and hold the driver's side power door lock switch in the lock position for 5 seconds and then release.

The doors will lock or unlock to indicate that the function is set. To cancel the function, do the above operation again.

Sounds pretty simple and it is but you need to read these a few times, and follow them correctly. I got in the car, set the parking brake, turned the key to the "ON" position (I think you can start it if you wish although I didn't), stepped on the brake pedal (to allow you to shift the lever), moved the selector to "N" and then press the door lock and hold for a count of 5 seconds, and then release. That should do it. Now you can unset the parking brake.

I was not successful the first time I tried it. The key is to smoothly go through the steps and in a timely manner!

Thanks. I have also tried this several times in the past and never got it to work. I asked my dealer and they said, notwithstanding what the manual says, it needs to be reprogrammed at the dealer.

However, after reading your email I wonder if my mistake was in starting the car. It didn't occur to me that there was a difference between turning the ignition to "on" and starting the car. I take it, from your email, there is. I'll try it again.

Hi,

Many thanks in advance.

Ilya

Thanks. I have also tried this several times in the past and never got it to work. I asked my dealer and they said, notwithstanding what the manual says, it needs to be reprogrammed at the dealer.

However, after reading your email I wonder if my mistake was in starting the car. It didn't occur to me that there was a difference between turning the ignition to "on" and starting the car. I take it, from your email, there is. I'll try it again.

Ilyachelsea, do not despair. It took several tries before I could do it. The reps at the dealership could NOT do it. I 'taught' the salesman how to do it and he too had trouble doing it the first time. I found that the instructions said the doorlock would 'lock and unlock' indicating it was set did NOT happen. It did lock it though. Be sure to follow the steps rather smoothly and within the short time allotted! Most of the service people had not even read the manual. I wanted to be able to change it to 'try out' the settings before making a final choice. The service people said it wasn't a one-time only for free thing... certainly if you decided you didn't like a setting, they would change it back at 'no charge'. They just wanted to discourage people from requesting changes every other week/day!

Thanks a lot, I have tried many times, but nothing.

I have unlocked the car with the remote key, pressing "unlock" on my remote, then opened the drivers door, get in, steped on the paking brake pedal, then inseted the key ond tured to "on", pushed brake padal and moved selector from "P" to "N", and pressed driver's side door lock for 5 seconds, releasaed parking brake.Evrythig was done during less than 10 second, but nothing.... Please check, am I so stupid or anything missed in the manual?

Thanks a lot, I have tried many times, but nothing.

I have unlocked the car with the remote key, pressing "unlock" on my remote, then opened the drivers door, get in, steped on the paking brake pedal, then inseted the key ond tured to "on", pushed brake padal and moved selector from "P" to "N", and pressed driver's side door lock for 5 seconds, releasaed parking brake.Evrythig was done during less than 10 second, but nothing.... Please check, am I so stupid or anything missed in the manual?

Patience Ilyachelsea! I'm going to go back through what you have said you tried and we'll refine your process a little to correspond to what works for me.

First, open the drivers door and I want you to unlock your car doors (all of them) using the driver's door switch (on inside door panel). (Please take note of which way to 'toggle' the door lock switch to the 'lock' position. Don't lock it, just note the direction.) Now close the driver's door. While it might not be absolutely required, let's wait a full minute (60 seconds).

Next, open the driver's door and get into the driver's seat.

Close the door! (You didn't mention having done this before!)

Set the parking brake!

Now, go through the process:

1. Turn switch to ON

2. Step on brake pedal and move selector from "P" to "N". (I think I kept my foot on the brake pedal throughout the remainder of the process.)

3. Push the driver's door lock switch to the "Lock" position and hold as you count "One, uh, two, uh, three, uh, four, uh, five, uh, six, uh" (Yes, we're going to make sure you hold it for at least 'five' seconds.)

4. Release the door lock switch and allow it to return to the neutral or normal position.

The door lock is supposed to automatically unlock then lock to let you know the process is completed. I think it only 'unlocked' for me but regardless, it responds to the process.

You may now return the selector to "P", turn the ignition switch off and remove the key, and unset the parking brake. Now drive your car and test to see if it now automatically locks the doors after attaining at least 12 mph.

Don't forget, I was NOT successful the first few times I tried. Now, I think I can do it in my sleep! Let me know if you're still having troubles and I'll try to find where you might be erring!

Roland

• 1 month later...
Roland,

Thank you again, I did evrything step by step as you described, but after step 4 the door lock is never unlock then lock to let me know the process is completed and my door locking system do not want to be linked to the speed.

Ilya

Ilya, sorry I hadn't seen this response 2 months ago when you posted. The only other thing for you to try is to adjust your timing and make sure you complete the procedure within the time constraint.

After that fails, the dealer will have to take care of it. Regrets.

Roland