Motor Gone

Well you guys probaly remember my drama, well I got the smoke to go away and within 11 miles the engine was a knocking.

drained new 10/30 with oil seafoam dropped the pan and the screen looked like crap. Cleaned the screen, then I dropped the valley under the gridle. began feeling the piston rods and low and behold cylinder 3 shook!!!! pulled the cap and the bearing was siezed to the crank.

I said crap and over torqued the cap put everything back together put 20/50 oil castrol and started it with no exhaust runs good but can't tell if the knock is still there with the downpipe off!

SO,

Should I say

1. screw the car fill with a knock go away oil and trade it in.

2. hank the motor and replace the bottom end after I just fixed the top which by the way has to come off to reinstall pistons.

3. hank the motor and replace with a JDM or even 1MZ harness and puter?

4. car go BOOOOOM and me smile

Well you guys probaly remember my drama, well I got the smoke to go away and within 11 miles the engine was a knocking.

drained new 10/30 with oil seafoam dropped the pan and the screen looked like crap.  Cleaned the screen, then I dropped the valley under the gridle. began feeling the piston rods and low and behold cylinder 3 shook!!!! pulled the cap and the bearing was siezed to the crank.

I said crap and over torqued the cap put everything back together put 20/50 oil castrol and started it with no exhaust runs good but can't tell if the knock is still there with the downpipe off!

SO,

Should I say

1. screw the car fill with a knock go away oil and trade it in.

2. hank the motor and replace the bottom end after I just fixed the top which by the way has to come off to reinstall pistons.

3. hank the motor and replace with a JDM or even 1MZ harness and puter?

4.  car go BOOOOOM and me smile

What year is the car & how many miles?

:cheers:

It's a 3vz-fe. That's wierd.

Parts wise it's cheaper if you take the head back off and pull that piston out.

If you don't install it yourself, it's gonna be cheaper to buy a used 3vz-fe and drop it back in (JDM, or US) I know you got emessions down there, so if you get a JDM one, you can just swap the exhaust manifolds, EGR pipe, and the EGR related equipment on the upper intake.

I know how loud they are with no exhaust, sit in the car with everything buttoned up. Drive it downt he block so it warms up, then rev it all the way up. You'll still be able to hear a knock, I promise. If it's going to knock, it'll probably be between 4400-5200rpm so pay attention!

• 2 months later...