Ecu Code 55

codabugg

OK....so I have the code and what it is....now what?! A guy I ran into up at Auto Zone said there's a "plug" on the block on the lower right (facing from the front) side that's probably loose. He also says he has a computer to hook the car up to and check everything out.

Anyone with experience with this code?

Don't know if your code is the same as for a 93 but a code 55 for 93 is No knock sensor #2 output for 3 revolutions of the crankshaft at rpm's from 1600 - 5200. The #2 knock sensor is for the RIGHT bank. I don't have any personal experience with this code, this info from the shop manual.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still waiting to see if my guy with the code reader can come up with anything. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the plug needed to run the diagnostics on my car, but he's trying to find one. I just pulled the code with the paper clip method.

BTW....I see you're in FWB....I called that place home for a while. How long to fix 98 across Okaloosa Island this time? LOL Seemed like forever when Opal washed it out....

They're getting good at patching 98 on the island, it got washed out during Ivan last Sept and they had it reopened with a single lane in less than 2 weeks. It naturally got washed out again with Dennis last month and they had it open in about a week. It's still a single lane however.

Funny. I guess practice does make (almost) perfect! At least it wasn't another Opal....I remember driving an hour and a half to get from Destin to FWB back then. :P

Anyway...back to why I found the forum...

I just bought this LS400 from my boss 2 weeks ago. I have a 92 Blazer and it's had it's share of minor issues...then the heater core blew. So that coupled with the AC leak makes for a miserable drive. Anyway, 3 days after buying the Lexus, the check engine light came on.....stopped for something to drink and when I started it back up, the light didn't come back on. 4 days later it did the same thing. So, first thing I did was check the air filter....OMG! It looked like there was a dead animal stuck in it! Replaced the filter, and the light hasn't come on for a week now.

I was getting pretty poor gas mileage, so I took it to the shop down from where I work to check the plugs. They said it needed a "major tune up", but then again, they also said I needed a new air filter....so I don't even know if they checked anything! So....I took my estimate to my buddy at Auto Zone and he just about wet his pants! He printed up the recommended parts and referred me to his mechanic.

Another guy in the store (who has the diagnostics tool) suggested running some Lucas treatment thru the tank. WOW! I went over 50 miles before the needle even came off of the full mark! So, I'm guessing I need to get the code cleared and see if anything happens again with the check engine light. Just need to find the right adapter for this guy's Actron CP9150....

Guess I need to sell the Blazer to have maintenance $$ for this baby! Really sad, because I still love my Blazer and I hate the idea of putting my dogs on leather! Ahhhhh....the sacrifice!