Rx400h Dead Battery

The timing details of the auxiliary (12V) battery failue noted below are:

Vehicle delivery 4 May 2005 with 25 miles on the odometer

Auxiliary battery failed 26 May 2005 with 603 miles on the odometer

Present 16 August 2005, more than 2400 miles on the odometer, no further issues

I doubt there is a TSB as the frequency is low and the model new.

I hope that helps

Umm, 2 so far is something to be concerned with.

When did you get your 400?

How many miles?

There must be some TSB regarding this??

I go on 200+ mile trips where there are no dealers, this has me very concerned.

Just talked to my brother.  He has had his 400h for 1 month.  He said the 12-volt battery is dead and it won't hold a charge.  He also made some comments about the quality of the battery that I won't repeat here.

I assume that the battery is covered by the Lexus warranty and will be replaced for free if found to be defective??  If not, trash it and get an aftermarket battery????  Suggestions appreciated.  Thanks.:cheers:

I too had a 12V battery failure.

Although covered under warranty, I was without my car for 10 days (after only 21 days of ownership). The dealer, although friendly, would not discuss the failure mode, or more importantly to me, root cause and prevention of a repeated failure. I did learn that more than the auxillary battery was replaced. The long delay for service included time for multiple parts to arrive from Japan to the west coast of North America. After the service, a few more stops at the service center corrected several "bugs" (such as owner programable functions - e.g. drivers seat position memory) revealed themselves during operation.