Oil Filters For Rx 300

larrytrk

Does anyone know if there are any problems in using the toyota Highlander V6 oil filter # 90915-YZZB1 in an RX

which calls for a # 90915-YZZB9 ? $5.00 vs $15.00 bugs me if the filters are the same.

Thanks, Larry T

Does anyone know if there are any problems in using the toyota Highlander V6 oil filter # 90915-YZZB1 in an RX

which calls for a # 90915-YZZB9 ? $5.00 vs $15.00 bugs me if the filters are the same.

Thanks, Larry T

Here is an easy way of finding out. Go to your local parts store and look in a FRAM oil filter book. Look to see if the part number is the same for both models. That is the best way to answer your question. :D

fram makes crap filters and it is generic

they will list a part for as many cars as possible , just becaseu the threads and size are similar

that makes it easy to sell

that is a very bad way to compare the differences and advice

go to the dealer and ask them to see both filters look at the amount of holes around the main journal

and the size of the gasket

also the overall lenght of the filter for oil capacity

I just found out I can order the Lexus # in a 10 pack for about half price, from any Toyota dealer!

This can be quite a savings and I can stick to the Factory Filter!!

Thanks for your comments,

Larry T

fram makes crap filters and it is generic

they will list a part for as many cars as possible , just becaseu the threads and size are similar

that makes it easy to sell

that is a very bad way to compare the differences and advice

go to the dealer and ask them to see both filters look at the amount of holes around the main journal

and the size of the gasket

also the overall lenght of the filter for oil capacity

Its clear that you do not see the point. The point was to see if it is the same part for both vehicles. Not to use the part. As far as fram it self. I do personaly use the filter on my two race vehicles and have no issue.....Generic, no. Aplication per car...

As stated a person can go to a dealer, but in most matter the parts guy won't be able to answer the question abou this type product. Dealership tech's and parts guys go by the part number that are stated by Lexus. Toyota part number are a whole other matter.

i guess we are both missing each others points

lol :D

the list as much as possible to fit with lots more tolerances

look in the fram book as i did yesterday

and it lists every lexus oil filter asthe exact saem part#

i am not sure as i don't change many other lexus oil filters but i don't think they list the same part from them

there are redundant #'s ,yes

just like the camry one is listed as the es one in the dealer

ut take a look at the dealer and compare the 2 's size if nothing else

the more expensive one may just be a bigger one which can hold more oil and has more filter media in it

just like a trick i learned at gm as a tech

there are other filters that fit dead on and have the same holes just with a longe area to filter for a few cents more

• 3 weeks later...