I Need A New Subwoofer Speaker

MY SUBWOOFER POPS WHEN I TURN UP THE VOLUME PAST 75% DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT SUBWOOFER UPGRADE I SHOULD GET I LIKE TO RIDE THE BASE AND I NEED A VERY GOOD SPEAKER? THIS IS FOR MY 1992 SC400 MODIFIED.

• 4 months later...

I have a 2002 sc430 and redid the entire stereo. I left the head unit but installed a JL audio 5 channel amp with a seperate control knob for the subwoofer. I used a polk sub and changed the doors and rear speakers with MB Quarts. I then cut out the ashtray and intalled an xm radio under the door. Very cool looking. The system is unbelievable. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I posted this thread months ago, I got it covered thanks, I changed out the stock sub and installed a 10" kicker sub, two sony x-plod speakers rear speakers with built in tweeters and a Kicker KX250 amp, removed the stock amp. Total cost $300 installed. Sounds better and louder then stock, very happy with the upgrades but I am upgrading again and currently bidding on a KX500 Kicker amp to upgrade from the KX250 Kicker amp just incase I ever want to blow the windows out. That is the story, and yes I am spending too much money on this car. This is a picture of the amp.post-13978-1136428354_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Dear everyone,

I was thinking of switching out my sub so that I could have a little more boomy system. I was just wondering what a good brand of sub is and what size of sub I should get. Also, I have the stock stereo (not the nak) wil lthis have enough power to run the sub? Thanks for all of your help.

metramm

Replacing the stock sub woofer will not give you more power...Changing the amp will... Speakers only support the output power of the stereo amplifier....

Changing to a better subwoofer may give you better and clearer base and sound but not louder...