Gear Is Acting Strang In High Straffic Street

Hi,

My gear System is little make me crazy, When I get in high traffic streem and cars are moving and stopping even and now 2 seconds, when I press the acceleration, I just hear the engine and no move at all.

so if I press the acceleration little bit more , I feel like someone hit the car from the back, that was just the gear to give the car the move. hope I explain the problem . I heard from someone that this problem will lead to a big failure in the gear.

please help

you might want to check if your car is correctly in gear when cars get old the shifter begins to have a lot of play. if thats not the case then im guessing the transmision is going and needs to be fixed.

yeah get ready to pay some major $$ for your transmission rebuild, this sign lets u know that it is dying. and dying pretty fast. soon one or couple of gears will stop working at all and then u will have to take it to the transmission shop. but make sure that they give at least 3-6 month warranty. coz those rebuilt transmissions have a tendency to die pretty fast. in my old car i changed it 3 times, but after that it is still working for last 2.5 years. the reason for the transmission death is that gear teeth fall of from the gear and they either get stuck in other gears or just lack of teeth makes it impossible to put the car into gear. thats what I've been told at the shop

in these automatics i dont think that these engines make enough power to break teeth but well if you shop sais so. but heres my reason for transmission failure. inside of automatics there are individual clutch packs for every speed. it almost looks like a triple plate clutch but with like 10-15 discs. now in these clutch packs every other disc has a friction material like in a cluch and after that 100k of what ever distance you drive for it to not work wears this material out and makes it slip and shutter. other trans. failures can come from valve body failure. the trans, being hydraulic relies on rubber o rings to seal various pistons valves and so on. these rubber parts deteriorate or harden and this leads to trans failure. and most trans failures under normal driving conditions are caused by the valve body and its rubber parts.