Sacramento, Ca - Dealerships

Mark H

Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with the Sacramento-based Lexus dealersips (Sacramento and Roseville)? Both are similar distances from me but I'm wondering who may provide better service... Thanks!

• 2 years later...
They're both owned by the same people. The Sacramento dealer has been there a long time & has a good reputation.

Here's something interesting about that 'same ownership' statement. For a 60k service on my LS430, Roseville quoted $950, and Sac $398. I went with Sacramento but the service experience, and follow-thru when the problems arose, was not to the standard I expect from Lexus.

Previous to this I always had perfect serice from Lexus of San Rafael, but I'm now relocated to Sacramento area. I would like to know if my recent experience is usual for Lexus of Sac?

Do you have any experience that would indicate (1) my experience was unique and I shouldn't regard it as usual service from Lexus of Sac, and (2) whether there is a difference in service experience between Sacramento and Roseville dealer experiences.

All replies welcome. Thanks.[/font]

I bought my RX300 brand new in 98 from Sacramento Lexus, service there was OK. My tranny went at 100k and I took it to Roseville Lexus,,,worst thing you can ever do. They left bolts out, vacuum lines undone. Tranny was not right took 6 weeks for them to admit it was bad, replaced and then they left the sway bar mounts loose dragging on the drive axles. And everytime I went there something else was screwed up. I even went to the bother of making them put my car on the rack so I could inspect. They swore everything was perfect (Shop foreman and service manager said they had looked it over) and low and behold stuff was still loose and disconnected. They are by far the worst service facility that I have ever dealt with. They made promises to me and then never followed through. there mechanics at best are inept. I would never let them touch my car again. I have pictures of all of this as proof and Lexus of America said well they are the dealership, deal with them. I wrote the General manager a letter and got absolutely no response. Roseville Lexus is the worst Lexus dealership I have ever used. Go to Sacramento. good luck by the way they quoted $1300 for timing belt and waterpump...Took it to Maita Toyota near Fulton avenue, they did it for $500 and everything was done correctly. They even gave me the old parts and washed my car. (Great Service)

I bought my RX300 brand new in 98 from Sacramento Lexus, service there was OK. My tranny went at 100k and I took it to Roseville Lexus,,,worst thing you can ever do. They left bolts out, vacuum lines undone. Tranny was not right took 6 weeks for them to admit it was bad, replaced and then they left the sway bar mounts loose dragging on the drive axles. And everytime I went there something else was screwed up. I even went to the bother of making them put my car on the rack so I could inspect. They swore everything was perfect (Shop foreman and service manager said they had looked it over) and low and behold stuff was still loose and disconnected. They are by far the worst service facility that I have ever dealt with. They made promises to me and then never followed through. there mechanics at best are inept. I would never let them touch my car again. I have pictures of all of this as proof and Lexus of America said well they are the dealership, deal with them. I wrote the General manager a letter and got absolutely no response. Roseville Lexus is the worst Lexus dealership I have ever used. Go to Sacramento. good luck by the way they quoted $1300 for timing belt and waterpump...Took it to Maita Toyota near Fulton avenue, they did it for $500 and everything was done correctly. They even gave me the old parts and washed my car. (Great Service)

Lenore, thanks for the reply. Bad news for those of us living in the Sac area. I did get a oil change at Maita Toyota and they were very professional. I went to Lexus of Sac as I had 2 warranty items to be covered as well (and the $398 for a 60k service seemed reasonable). Based on my experience and your message I''m now going back to Maita from this out for everything they can do for an LS.

Cheers, Frank