After Head Gasket

Finally done with the head gasket and valve steam change. Is it normal to blow white smoke and a lil water out of the exhaust?

My thought on this is the water residual left in the cylinders burning off to white smoke. How long should this last? One mechanic told me I should drive it for 50 miles after a head gasket change. What is you alls thoughts on this?

Ditto.

I had to take my intake manifold off a few weeks ago. As soon as you break the seal with the head, coolant dumps into the intake ports in the head.

I vacuumed some of it out, but was too lazy to pump all of it out.

The car produced the normal white smoke from the coolant for a day or two it seems like. (I didn't drive it much, otherwise it'd ahve been gone on one trip)

It should go away fairly quickly. Keep note that the less you drive it, the more moisture is going to be in the exhaust and cat convertor. You'll probably be getting more water vapor than normal when you start it until it all evaporates out.

I haven't drove it yet, just ran it in the garage for about 15 min. When you rev it a big puff of smoke comes out and water in the tail pipe.

Going to pump tire up tonight and drive it for about 20-30 miles at dark so it isn't embrassing, you know?

ok one thing after another. smoke is all gone after 11 miles. Turned around to come home and the engine is knocking bad. thinking the belt slipped, I opened it up and it is dead on! Start it up and check the timing 10degrees.

the people that had it before me must of never changed the oil. When I changed it , it was very thick sludge almost. 220 000 miles and i put 10 30 with some sea foam to clean things and this is what happens.

tommorrow going to take oil pan off and look at the caps and bearings.