Crash Test

I was rear ended two days ago while driving my 400h.

I stopped suddenly to avoid the car in front of me.

My Lexus stopped on a dime.

Then I looked in the rear view mirror and saw to my dismay a GIANT white 'super duty' ford truck heading my way. He hit me hard, but I am fine.

On close inspection of our cars neither one of us could believe what we saw. His entire front bumper was all dented in and there is NOT EVEN A SINGLE SCRATCH on my Lexus.

He said, "wow, this is a great ad for LEXUS!" I now drive around feeling very safe. Just thought you'd all like to know PLUS I had to tell someone!!!

P.S. Even so, I still have 'wood wheel envy!'

I was rear ended two days ago while driving my 400h. 

I stopped suddenly to avoid the car in front of me. 

My Lexus stopped on a dime. 

Then I looked in the rear view mirror and saw to my dismay a GIANT white 'super duty' ford truck heading my way.  He hit me hard, but I am fine. 

On close inspection of our cars neither one of us could believe what we saw.  His entire front bumper was all dented in and there is NOT EVEN A SINGLE SCRATCH on my Lexus. 

He said, "wow, this is a great ad for LEXUS!" I now drive around feeling very safe.  Just thought you'd all like to know PLUS I had to tell someone!!!

P.S. Even so, I still have 'wood wheel envy!'

wow, glad your ok! Yeah, the Lexus is a nice car built around saftey in my opinion.

it may be too late, but do you have any pictures?

No pictures! I wish I'd thought to take some!

I always keep disposable cameras in my cars so that I can take pictures if there is an accident. It was useful a couple years ago when a truck rear ended me. I quickly took pictures of the positions of the vehicles, the damage, the truck's license plate, and the truck's driver :) Got insurance judgement 100% in my favor.

I always keep disposable cameras in my cars so that I can take pictures if there is an accident.  It was useful a couple years ago when a truck rear ended me.  I quickly took pictures of the positions of the vehicles, the damage, the truck's license plate, and the truck's driver :)  Got insurance judgement 100% in my favor.

very smart, but I heard that disposable only last for a short amount of time in a car, and the sun can ruin it. So I hear.

You should have taken his insurance information and gotten the vehicle checked out, I still would. You never know what kind of damage you could have to bumper mounts, frames, etc.