Thinking Of Buying An Sc...

I would say to run a search on Edmunds.com, cars.com, autotrader.com...and isolate the search criteria to cars in your area. That will help you determine what the market price is for cars in your area.

I would say to run a search on Edmunds.com, cars.com, autotrader.com...and isolate the search criteria to cars in your area.  That will help you determine what the market price is for cars in your area.

Thanks Dom. I just ran Edmunds and I'm surprised that the prices are a lot higher than what I see happening on ebay; also 427 cars available within 200 miles? Man, that's a lot! Why so many?

Price Range All Prices

Lexus SC400

427 cars shown near ZIP 94044

Prices range between $11k and $30k. Isn't that too much? I see them on ebay for well under $10k with no bids.

Fred

Don't buy an SC before you get it checked out by a Lexus dealer for approx. $90. You can get their service records and should also get the carfax history. Keep checking ebay and you can do a search on Yahoo. I suggest the 1994 model for the 250hp engine and the 1996 for the 260hp and the 1998-2000 if you want the 290hp with a five speed auto. The pre 1994 cars have the old R12 AC. Some people have reported low end acceleration hesitation on the 1995 model. Still the SC400 is best looking car they have made. It pays to ship a good car than to do a lot of repairs on one that is close by.... Good Luck.

On Autotrader, when I was shopping around for one earlier this year...I saw a few of them for under 10k. Actually, they ranged from as low as $5k to roughly $9k. Just keep an eye on prices to gauge what the "market" is for these cars right now.

• 2 weeks later...