Brakes For 92 Sc400

Hi! This is my first posting to this forum. I was looking around the internet for information on how to do my brakes and found this awesome website! Yay!

My boyfriend and his friend are both Mustang Cobra guys and work on their cars all the time, and they have graciously offered to do my brakes this weekend. Needless to say I'm a little nervous so I thought maybe I could find instructions! I know how guys tend to be about figuring it out by trial and error!

I absolutely love my car and don't want her to get hurt. Can anyone tell me the proper procedure for changing brake pads on all 4 tires and also what to buy in anticipation of this work?

Your help is SO appreciated! Thanks!

:) Carol

You will need pads and shims. Shims may be reused if they are in decent shape. The calipers are very simple. Undo one bolt and the cap flips up to expose the pads. The pads need to be clear of the rotor in order to get the assembly to rotate up. A very easy job if pads are the only thing to change. If I get a chance - I will get the images up. A few people have requested a couple of items. I'll get them up as soon as I get some more free time.

Hang in there, good luck.

Welcome to the club.