330 Vs. 300, How Do They Compare?

tealboy

as you know, i have been looking for a 2002 Rx300 but have come to the conclusion that the savings is not that great. I have connections in the business and can buy a 330 at invoice, though i have not priced it exactly, it seems to be appx $32-33k. As compared to the 02 300 at $26k, I am not sure the savings are great enough to justify buying a 4 year old vehicle, getting older lines and a few less safety features. I don't yet know all the differences, nor the general concensus on the 330 vs. the 300, so i am requesting your help.

any comments related to these two vehicles is appreciated. I am also looking at the mdx and now the honda pilot. They both have a stiffer ride and less fuel economy, but more room.

thx, dave

as you know, i have been looking for a 2002 Rx300 but have come to the conclusion that the savings is not that great.  I have connections in the business and can buy a 330 at invoice, though i have not priced it exactly, it seems to be appx $32-33k.  As compared to the 02 300 at $26k, I am not sure the savings are great enough to justify buying a 4 year old vehicle, getting older lines and a few less safety features.  I don't yet know all the differences, nor the general concensus on the 330 vs. the 300, so i am requesting your help.

any comments related to these two vehicles is appreciated.  I am also looking at the mdx and now the honda pilot.  They both have a stiffer ride and less fuel economy, but more room.

thx, dave

The most obvious difference is the engine, 3.3 vs 3.0, I've not driven the 300, but I would wager that the 330 drives nicer. From what I've read here, they both have the acceleration hesitation problem/annoyance, but my impression is that it is more prevalent in the 300. Lastly, I recall people complaining about the 300's wide turning radius, that of the 330 is much improved.

as you know, i have been looking for a 2002 Rx300 but have come to the conclusion that the savings is not that great.  I have connections in the business and can buy a 330 at invoice, though i have not priced it exactly, it seems to be appx $32-33k.  As compared to the 02 300 at $26k, I am not sure the savings are great enough to justify buying a 4 year old vehicle, getting older lines and a few less safety features.  I don't yet know all the differences, nor the general concensus on the 330 vs. the 300, so i am requesting your help.

any comments related to these two vehicles is appreciated.  I am also looking at the mdx and now the honda pilot.  They both have a stiffer ride and less fuel economy, but more room.

thx, dave

The most obvious difference is the engine, 3.3 vs 3.0, I've not driven the 300, but I would wager that the 330 drives nicer. From what I've read here, they both have the acceleration hesitation problem/annoyance, but my impression is that it is more prevalent in the 300. Lastly, I recall people complaining about the 300's wide turning radius, that of the 330 is much improved.

I would add that the body styles are little different Alot more curve from the front to back. I if im not mistaken the 330 looks a bit wider and longer too. The rear tail lights are higher up. The 330 is 5 speed auto 300 is a 4 speed. In my opinion I think you be happier in a 330. I currently own a 300 luv it but when the time is right im going to trade up to a 330 or 400