99' Gs 300 Driving Belt Replace

my 99' gs 300 is at 70,000 miles and the dealer told me that the driving belt need to be replaced because it's cracking. i thought driving belt and timing belt is replacing at 90,000 miles together. do yall think i can wait until 90k miles and replace them.

my 99' gs 300 is at 70,000 miles  and the dealer told me that the driving belt need to be replaced  because it's cracking. i thought driving belt and timing belt is replacing at 90,000 miles together. do yall think i can wait until 90k miles and replace them.

Depends on the severity of the cracks, If there is one significant crack replace it. Did you look at it or just take the word of the mechanic?

If you're talking about the external, accessory serpentine drive belt then yes you should change it at 70K miles because a broken belt could leave you standed. It's cheap if you order it from a discount dealer like newlexusparts.com or irontoad.com. A

The timing belt lasts about 50% longer than the accessory serpentine drive belt.

All the replies sound about right...I just replaced mine at 81,000...I visibly saw cracking - never take a chance...took it to an independent shop - cost me $91 installed.

I never go to the dealership - offensive pricing.

Try to find a nice kept shop in your area and just talk to the guys and then keeping takin your car there...forge a relationship - and they'll take care of ya...

thanks for all the replies. i think i'm gonna replace it. i took a look at the belt and saw the crack inside. the dealer told me it would cost $200 part and labor. i guess i have to change it and then when 90k mile comes i have to replace it again. thanks