How To Tell If You Have Hids?

I have an '02 GS300 Sport Design

I am trying to figure out if I have the 4300k HIDs or just regular headlights.

The light is white, not yellow, but it doesn't seem to look like the light that comes off of the new Cadillac convertible, which I believe is HID.

I purchased my car used and don't think there were any mods to it.....however the FOGS are WHITE not yellow............not sure if that was stock on the sport design.

If these are indeed not HIDs, what would I need to purchase to convert them to the 6000k lights, and what would be a typical installation cost? I don't want to do them myself.

thanks

It's hard to believe you can't tell if you have HIDs by just looking at them. Such being true, why do you need them?

Search these forums. HIDs and conversions have been covered about a billion times.

Oh yes, if the fogs are clear (and original) you do not have HIDs.

Do yor headlights have the auto-leveling device? I think all the HID's had the auto-leveling....

...to see if you have auto-leveling, at night park in front of a light colored building . When you turn the car on, you will see the headlight beam move down, up, and then center.

Also, are your fog lights the same exact color as the headlights? If they are the same shade of white, then you don't have HID's. The headlights should have a tint of light blue when first turned on. About 30 seconds later the HID's emit more of a white light.