Best Rotors And Brake Pads

jonesycm50

What's everybody's input on the best rotors and brake pads??  What's the top of the line performance and whats the average joe's best purchase??

The stock brakes have some of the best stopping times in it's class....nearly supercar numbers.

For anything up to spirited driving the stockers should be the best......the only upgrade that is probably worth it is a big brake set but at 2500 one would really need to consider if the sort of driving (ie race track) they are doing is worth spending this sort of money.

Harder pads will have a better bite and SS lines a better feel but this may not mean shorter stopping distances...actually pads that have too much initial bite are bad because they abruptly upset the balance of the car which can lead to worse performance. Cross drilled and slotted basically just look better.

Until actual side by side tests show otherwise, I will continue to have complete faith in my stock brakes for the spirited street driving (planning auto crossing as well).

Would you suggest getting replacement rotors and pads through lexus??  They charge seemingly outrageous prices compaired to replacing the rotors with slotted ones and getting EBC green stuff pads.

Personally never through the stealership unless they give a good discount......online is your best bet.

I got my pads, filters from Irontoad.com which is the online sales of Thompson Lexus in PA. I got my stuff in less than 2 days. Pads were 90 for the 4 corners. Shipping was 10.98 for all of my stuff. I think the rotors are around 120 a pair but I don't need new ones yet.

Other good places are Carson Toyota and Sewell Lexus (L-tuned parts.com)

I also thought, gee it would be cheaper with some of the aftermarket stuff but I have just been so happy with my stockers that I don't want to risk throwing in anything else.....and when I heard of Irontoad I found the price was right as well.