New Owner Rx300 - Take Apart Console

ke4sfq

I have been the proud owner of a Certified 2003 RX 300 for about a week now. I really like the vehicle and am glad to own it. My wife bought a 2005 ES 330 a month ago and it was our first Lexus and I was impressed enough to purchase myself one now as well.

I do have a question about my RX. I am wanting to install an XM portable radio in one of the drawers of the console. I have already ran the antenna wire to the console however I can not figure out how to take the top off of the console or any other way in. I moved both front seats all the way up and two screws were revealed on each side of the console, however once I remove them only the back half seems to raise, the front is still held on somewhere and I can't fine the next screw or latch.

Have any of you taken it apart before?

Thanks, this looks like a very informative forum.

Kevin Stephenson

Muscle Shoals, AL

ke4sfq, good luck with your Rx300 and Es330. sorry i can't help you with your problem; but im sure there is someone here that can ;)

sorry about the last comment; apparently someone is trying to impress all of us. This doesn't happen often, we usually get adults on this website... ;)

ke4sfq, good luck with your Rx300 and Es330. sorry i can't help you with your problem; but im sure there is someone here that can  ;)

Thanks, I have done several searches for many questions I have had and found answers here. This is a very informative site.