Abs,vsc,vsc,off Light Malfunction

reddevil

Hello All, I have been looking in the Foroums. I have seen some things that look close to my problem but I don't think it is because the ABS light is on. Here is my situation

I had my Ballast and Bulbs replaced so the mechanic had to remove the bumper and do work underneath and such. Now when I took the car to the shop these lights was not own. I started the car up and there they were just as big as (#^%. Now since my ABS light is on also could it be that he unplugged a harness or something and then plug it back in.He had to remove the windshield washer fluid container to remove the ballast/headlight on the driver side and I noticed a plug that was not connected and it was kinda of long so it looked like it came from the top somewhere. can you guys give me a clue to why the ABS light came on with the VSC and VSC off light. I don't seem to be having any problems when I step on the gas it will accelerate just fine. Thanks for your help

There are sensors behind the front wheels for the headligh autolevel control. Perhaps that is what is disconnected. I know for sure that if the rear sensors are out of whack you will get the same warning lights.

The headlight computers themselves are located at the bottom of the headlight housings. You might try to trace wires from there. Or on the front suspension arm, there are threaded adjusment rods for the level sensors.

Also since the ABS light is on, check the wires to the ABS wheel rotation sensors which plug in just inside the wheel hubs. These are pretty hefty little cables.

There are sensors behind the front wheels for the headligh autolevel control.  Perhaps that is what is disconnected.  I know for sure that if the rear sensors are out of whack you will get the same warning lights.

Thanks for the reply, When you say there are sensors behind the front wheel. Are there any harness that plugs into this.Is there a sensor on each wheel? if so I think I know where to start. THANKS!!!Since you mentioned the headlight thing. We balaced the headlights if the headlight balace goes off will that cause such an CEL? Also what do these sensors look like and are they easy to replace if needed.

There are sensors behind the front wheels for the headligh autolevel control.  Perhaps that is what is disconnected.  I know for sure that if the rear sensors are out of whack you will get the same warning lights.

Thanks for the reply, When you say there are sensors behind the front wheel. Are there any harness that plugs into this.Is there a sensor on each wheel? if so I think I know where to start. THANKS!!!Since you mentioned the headlight thing. We balaced the headlights if the headlight balace goes off will that cause such an CEL? Also what do these sensors look like and are they easy to replace if needed.

I'm not sure about the wiring harness, but the sensors should be obvious on the backing plate behind each wheel. I think they should be close to the brake fluid lines. They are motion sensors plugged into a hole and there is one for each wheel. They sense when a wheel is not turning and in turn activate the ABS. They are also involved in the skid control system, so that would account for the VSC light.

If by balancing the light, you mean aiming them, no that should not cause a problem.

Sometimes when people do brake work or suspension work, they damage the wheel sensors. I don't think they are cheap, and not sure about replacement. If you get stuck, I can dig out my disorganized files and see if I can send you a copy of the assembly diagram.

Sometimes when people do brake work or suspension work, they damage the wheel sensors.  I don't think they are cheap, and not sure about replacement.  If you get stuck,  I can dig out my disorganized files and see if I can send you a copy of the assembly diagram.

I hope that is not what it is. he didn't have to take the wheels off at all but he was reaching up to get to those screws that were holding the bumper to the fender. I will try un hooking the battery to try and reset and see what happens. Hopefully it will go away.

yeahh I will have them check that plug. and yes when I first turn my head lights on it seems like they are very bright and then it looks like they get just a tad bit dimmer. You would never know if you wer not looking at them when you first turn them on though. They have did that since I have had them though.

I have unplugged the -termanl of the battery. Once it resets those lights should go out right??

Ok, I have had had my battery unplugged for an 1hour.When I went back out to see if the code was still there They were still on. These CEL was still on. So since the resetting of the computer did not work what does anyone think the problem is?? Could it be that cable that has been unplugged?

Why didn't the removal of the battery terminal reset the CEL lights?

and yes when I first turn my head lights on it seems like they are very bright and then it looks like they get just a tad bit dimmer.

no, we are not talking brightness. When you turn on the car with the headlights on, the headlights should actually move and down to postion themselves based on the angle of the car. If you do this at night, you will see the actual beam move.

steviej

Ok, I have had had my battery unplugged for an 1hour.When I went back out to see if the code was still there They were still on. These CEL was still on. So since the resetting of the computer did not work what does anyone think the problem is?? Could it be  that cable that has been unplugged?

Why didn't the removal of the battery terminal reset the CEL lights?

If you still haven't plugged in that cable and/or checked out the stuff I told you about, then it ain't time for any more ideas yet. One step at a time or you'll have no idea of what the problem is/was.