Pictures

Yeah, i was just about to ask how you put so many attachments with just one post.

Ok, here is how.

1. Before you post, resize your pics on your computer to about 400x300 pixels and save the picture to a a file size less than 100 kb. This is only for courtesy to those on dial up and to reduce the amount of space each file takes up.

2. Click on "Reply" or ADD REPLY to open the text box of your post.

3. Enter the text that you want to do. You can move the pictures to where you want between the text after each insertion of the picture file. Or you can text and insert and type and insert, etc. Doesn't matter.

4. Scroll down to the section below the text box, File Attachment.

5. Click on BROWSE button in that section. You Windows Choose File box will open. Navigate you computer through this box to find your file.

6. Select the file you want to upload and click on the Open box that is in the Choose file window.

7. Back in the "File Attachment" section of LOC is a button that says "Add This Attachment". Click it. It may take a few seconds depending on how big the file is.

8. When the file is uploaded, the screen refreshes and then the file is listed on your screen under File Attachments. Click the box that says "Add Into Post"

9. Your file is now in the beginning of the text box as [attachmentid=####].

10. Highlight and move the [attachmentid=####] to where ever you want it in your post.

11. Repeat this procedure to get more pictures in the post.

12. You can line the [attachmentid=####][attachmentid=####] horizontially.

13 or you can line them up veritacally by putting a carriage return (enter) after each [attachmentid=####].

14. When you are done, click the Add Reply box at the very end to post you reply including the pictures.

Try it a few times, just don't hit the Add Reply at the end if you are only practicing and really don't want to post. If you hit the BACK button on the windows bar, it will erase all your work.

steviej

4.  Scroll down to the section below the text box, File Attachment.

5.  Click on BROWSE button in that section.  You Windows Choose File box will open.  Navigate you computer through this box to find your file. 

What if my .jpg is located in my LOC Invision Gallery Album? Clicking the Browse button will not

take me to My LOC Album.

What if my .jpg is located in my LOC Invision Gallery Album?  Clicking the Browse button will not

take me to My LOC Album.

then use the IMG button above the text box. IMG = In My Gallery.

Go to you picture in the gallery, open it big, right click, then click on properties.

copy the http// address for the picture. Go back to your post, go to reply, then in the text box while you are replying, click on the IMG button and paste the address of your picture in the box provided when the IMG window opens. Click OK and the picture will be inserted into the text area.

Hint, when inserting multiple pictures into my posts, I find it helpful to open LOC twice on my computer. One is open to the gallery and the other I log into to post. This way it is easier to toggle back and forth and not loose my reply text.

again, go practice with this stuff. It is how you learn.

steviej