Lights On A/c Display

on the a/c display the middle of it has went dark the outsides still light up as usual... is there a wire or something that makes the lights come on b/c i just put in a new stereo system so i had to un-hook the a/c to put in the new head unit, so could one of the harness be loose if one controls the lights, or are there bulbs that may have burt out??

i thought i answered this question once before but like i said i think its most likley a wire in the back of it since it worked before you toke the stereo out.check the back and make sure nothings disconneted.

• 6 months later...

Hey Steph, I have a 93 es300 and the other day I was having trouble with the

heater. It kept shutting off and coming back on. Couple of days later it just died all together.

I finally found that it was a bad fuse. I replaced it and it worked fine. Now the center light

on my display is out. My guess is it could not handle the shock. You may have a bulb out.

It would be great if it was just a loose wire though. How hard is it to take that unit out?

I read its tricky to get the vent out so you can loosen the two top nuts.I'm going to wait until the weather gets better before i tackle this. Let me know how you make out. later