97-99 Es With Rx Wheels?

Hi, I'm new to the boards and was thinking about getting the newer 17 or 18 inch RX wheels on my car, I know they fit but I've NEVER seen an ES with them on. Was wondering if anyone had them on or what rims would look good on an ES. Its hard to find good looking rims that don't look too gaudy, I just want something simple and classy. Thanks a lot for any help or even pictures of your ES with wheels. Thanks

Mark

Hi, I'm new to the boards and was thinking about getting the newer 17 or 18 inch RX wheels on my car, I know they fit but I've NEVER seen an ES with them on. Was wondering if anyone had them on or what rims would look good on an ES. Its hard to find good looking rims that don't look too gaudy, I just want something simple and classy. Thanks a lot for any help or even pictures of your ES with wheels. Thanks

Make sure you check the offset and or wheel width. I recently purchased some chrome wheels off of a gs 300 and the rear wheels (actually tires) rubbed on the struts. I have a 2001 ES. The wheels were a 7.5" wheel with I think 50 offset. I even put a 5/16" spacer on them but then I needed new studs. It was not worth it.

Consider this,

take a look at the 17" wheels for the 05 ES 330. They are very similar to the 5 spoke from the RX but are designed for the ES so the rim offset should be correct without the use of spacers.

steviej

Consider this,

take a look at the 17" wheels for the 05 ES 330. They are very similar to the 5 spoke from the RX but are designed for the ES so the rim offset should be correct without the use of spacers.

Heh Stevie J,

I wonder if any of the IS300 17" wheels would fit ? Any idea ?

Heh Stevie J,

I wonder if any of the IS300 17" wheels would fit ? Any idea ?

many people have done this and they look real nice. However, i think you are back to having to use spacers again on the rear wheels as the IS is RWD.

steviej