$1100 Dent, Front Bras O.k.?

Hello, my wife informed me that my bike jumped on top of the hood of my es330. She drove in the garage, and I guess the bike just decided to attack the car. Very mad. The hood can be saved, also having some chips and small dent in front fender fixed. Place called Autometric collosion doing the work. They do a lot of European, Asian cars, Car & Driver did a article on them. Anyone ever use a front bra on a 300 or 330? Michigan roads are designed to fall apart, so big gravel trains drive 80 m.p.h. and throw rocks and crap all over the place. Saw a "T" bra which came over the center of the hood. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Timothy

bras will guard against rock chips and very light objects that hit the car. I doubt the bra would prevent a bike pedal or handle bar from leaving some sort of dent. The paint may not be cracked or chipped with a bra but there are inherent problems with the bra itself. The most notable is if dirt and dust are under the bra it can wear on the paint surface. I have also read stories with dulling of the paint can occur under the bra especially if it rains and the bra is not removed to dry.

It would be cheaper to move the bike to the basement or another storage place.

steviej

bras will guard against rock chips and very light objects that hit the car.  I doubt the bra would prevent a bike pedal or handle bar from leaving some sort of dent.  The paint may not be cracked or chipped with a bra but there are inherent problems with the bra itself.  The most notable is if dirt and dust are under the bra it can wear on the paint surface.  I have also read stories with dulling of the paint can occur under the bra especially if it rains and the bra is not removed to dry.

It would be cheaper to move the bike to the basement or another storage place.

steviej

This bra question has been gone over on several topics. I have a vinyl bra that I purchased when I bought the car. I am now considering a clear bra for everyday use and use the vinyl bra for extra protection when my travels demand xtra protection.

If I do get a bra, it won't stay on all the time. Bike was in front of the garage, new house, different garage, things happen. Bikes go in the basement in the winter, the Saturn stays outside in the nice weather. Great car so far. Thanks.

Timothy

Any info on where to purchase a new/used bra on the cheap would be appreciated. I have both ES300 and LX470. The LX I would really like to "support" during long road trips...

Sorry about your bike, errr, accident. (or so to speak)