Updating Dvd Navigation Maps

I have been running into dead-ends every where I turn. I need to update my 2001 GS-430's DVD Navigation System. I am still running the version delivered with the vehicle nearly 5 years ago. I have a touch-screen NAV System. What version should I use and where do I find it? Thanks in advance for your input.

DVD UPGRADE:

I'm in the same position. I have a 1999 GS 300 with NAV. Check and see if you have a CD rom based NAV or hard drive based NAV. I spoke to a Lexus rep and was told that lexus stopped making updated hard drives back in 2003 around when they switched to a CD rom system. Hope it leps and keep me updated should you find better info.

Thanks

TAGGAR

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I did to update the nav maps on my 2001 GS300 last year:

1) Went to Lexus of Bellevue (WA)

2) Asked to get an updated set of maps (the new one included Canada, too!)

3) Shelled out $500

4) Thanked them and got lost in Canada a lot less from then on. :D

Hope that's helpful to you...

-Euge

you would need to get a generation 3 upgrade disk...what you see on ebay is only for 4th generation disks and will not work on your car...bascially you are looking for a serial number of 86271-xx33..that last two digits are key as 33 means version 3.3 which is the latest upgrade for your generation 3 navigation...also if u look at the generation 4 disc you will see some dots at 7oclock on the generation 3 disk they are at 2oclock...

• 1 month later...

I have a 2001 gs300, i took a nav disk from my friends 2004 gs430 and used it in my system for a road trip. Got back and put my old disk back in. DOESNT WORK NOW! Apparently the newer disks updates the firmware within the unit. I am now stuck without nav. I need to buy a 3rd generation disk 3.3, i have a guy telling me he can make me a copy for 100 bucks. I thought you couldnt copy the nav disks?? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance.