Suction Cup Mark On Windshield

I have V1 radar detector mounted on the front windshield of my 04 RX330. The mounting suction cups leave circle marks on the windshield. I tried Windex, and other glass cleaner products but can not remove those marks.

Any one has the same issue. And any one knows how to clean it?

Thanks,

I have V1 radar detector mounted on the front windshield of my 04 RX330. The mounting suction cups leave circle marks on the windshield. I tried Windex, and other glass cleaner products but can not remove those marks.

Thanks,

If Windex really doesn't get it, then a very mild glass rubbing compound will.

I have a guy that I buy all my Miracle Glaze products from that used some to rub out a scratch on my windshield, but he did it for free so I wouldn't have to buy the whole bottle for just that. If you have some other mild plastic or glass polish, use lightly and apply pressure as needed to clean it off.

That's just my $.02.

Good luck.

Thanks,

Try a Claybar with a diluted soap/water mixture as lubricant.

The suction cups are made from vinyl and the suns heat causes (out-gassing) this is the plasticizer evaporating.

A 1:1 solution (or stronger) of Isopropyl alcohol and distilled water will remove this residue.

JonM