A Few Basic Es330 Questions.

I searched a bit but I could not find anything about the cabin filter. I did find the WIX part number 24905 for about 20 bucks at RockAuto. I just need a picture or an idea of where to find the filter in the car. I am a little frustrated paying about $400 every 5,000 miles. I am going to service the vehicle's basic maintenance oil changes, air filters, wipers, tire rotations, etc.

Here is the info I have as far as parts:

Oil Filter Options:

Denso: 90915-YZZD1 (~$4 at 1sttoyota.com)

K&N : HP-1002 (~$10 at SummitRacing.com)

Amsoil: SDF57

Air Filter:

K&N Air: 33-2260 (~$40 at SummitRacing.com)

Amsoil: AF1133

Cabin Filter Options:

Wix: 24905 (~$20 at RockAuto.com)

ATP: RA3 (~$15 at RockAuto.com)

Any comments on the parts as far as quality issues?

I have a local in Mustang club with a Amsoil dealer. He drop-ships and has great prices. I have e-mailed him for pricing and I will post as soon as I find it.

Thank You everyone for such a great site!

From Pete, the Amsoil dealer:

(sales information removed by moderator)

If Pete would like to distribute his products via this website, he may contact administration and become an approved vendor.

Edited by steviej

Well since I need to do an oil change this weekend I purchased a K&N Oil filter and will be using Mobil 1. I am still debating on what I will be doing for the follwoing oil changes.

EDIT: How do I reset the Maintance Light?

I searched a bit but I could not find anything about the cabin filter.  I did find the WIX part number 24905 for about 20 bucks at RockAuto.  I just need a picture or an idea of where to find the filter in the car.  I am a little frustrated paying about $400 every 5,000 miles.  I am going to service the vehicle's basic maintenance oil changes, air filters, wipers, tire rotations, etc.

Here is the info I have as far as parts:

$400 every 5,000 miles? Seems pretty high - even if you were using Australian or Canadian dollars.

My 25,000 mile service was $227.43 - and that included 4 wheel alignment for $99.99

20,000 miles was $128.86

Yes, you can save a few dollars, but not all that much.

Oh, and btw, you run the risk of doing a boatload of damage if you put in inferior parts (can you say 'K&N Aif filter'?) or install something wrong.

Not stepping on toes here but Amsoil does not make AF filters anymore. They have not been for years. There are now TS-XXX per there 2005 dealer price list.

Next is the oil filters. Retail for the Amsoil SDF57 (group 1 filter) is $10.10. Not bad I guess $10% off. I get them from a dealer for about 30% off. Do not forget they get commison credits EVEN if he sold it at dealer price.

That is the full 5000 mile service, should have been more clear.

Thats pretty going rate for the area. The dealer I was using charged $160 but they damaged the car on a couple of occasions. These guys are great, just expensive.

That is the full 5000 mile service, should have been more clear.

Thats pretty going rate for the area. The dealer I was using charged $160 but they damaged the car on a couple of occasions. These guys are great, just expensive.

Pretty much anything in the D.C. area isn't cheap. Which dealer do you use SW? That seems a little outrageous.

Take the extra trip to Alexandria and I'll put ina good word for ya. My dad went to college/ owns a resturant in D.C. with him, hence where i was introduced to Lexuses. ;)

Still to have my first service on my car. i've put over 1,500 miles in less than a month's ownership. :pirate:

Well since I need to do an oil change this weekend I purchased a K&N Oil filter and will be using Mobil 1.  I am still debating on what I will be doing for the follwoing oil changes.

That's the combination that I like the best. Been using it for 50k miles now.

EDIT:  How do I reset the Maintance Light?

Try this.

1. get in car, shut doors. put key in ignition and do not move it.

2. make sure you odometer is on total miles and not trip A or trip B. If it is not on total, then push the button right next to it to scroll through trips A and B and back to the total miles.

3. now take you finger off the button and wait a second.

4. With your left hand push that button in and hold it, DO NOT take you finger off it.

5. With your right hand turn the key to the ON position. DO NOT START the car.

6. Keep your finger on the button until the maint. reminder light flashes at you or goes out.

7. Turn the key back to off.

8. Take your finger off the button.

Now start the car normally, the maint. reminder light should be out.

If it doesn't work, repeat the procedure and reverse steps 7 and 8.

steviej

91- I've used Alexandria before, thats where my dad bought his previous 98 LS and serviced it there for a couple years. They're good but the cheaper service isn't worth it to me to have to make that terrible drive into VA for service.