Black Headlights And Foglights

shawn0986

I just visited this site with pix of mods on IS300s and I saw the coolest thing. I would also see this as a way to save a lot of money. I saw that many IS drivers are painting the inside housing on the headlights and foglights with a black gloss paint.I have been wanting black headlights for the black car so does anyone think this is better than spending about $500 on new black headlights or is painting an idea that I can consider?

Thanks

I just visited this site with pix of mods on IS300s and I saw the coolest thing. I would also see this as a way to save a lot of money. I saw that many IS drivers are painting the inside housing on the headlights and foglights with a black gloss paint.I have been wanting black headlights for the black car so does anyone think this is better than spending about $500 on new black headlights or is painting an idea that I can consider?

Thanks

The only drawback is having to put the housings in an oven so you can get them apart, and then making sure you get them sealed up again so you don't get condensation. I think there are some guys on the west coast that do a nice job with the headlights. Don't know of anyone in your area though.

• 2 weeks later...