Malfunction Light, Vsc & Trc Off!

ScarFace

I recently installed the K&N Typhoon into my '01 IS300. After 40 miles, the Malfunction Light came on ...... I took out the MAF sensor, and it was dirty ... I cleaned it, then reset the ECU.

The car was fine ............ after 195 miles now ........ the light has returned !!

I have taken out the MAF sensor, but it is clean !

Now ........ I start the car up, and after 3 seconds, the VSC and TRC OFF light comes on !!!!

What could it be?

Help! :cries:

I recently installed the K&N Typhoon into my '01 IS300. After 40 miles, the Malfunction Light came on ...... I took out the MAF sensor, and it was dirty ... I cleaned it, then reset the ECU.

The car was fine ............ after 195 miles now ........ the light has returned !!

I have taken out the MAF sensor, but it is clean !

Now ........ I start the car up, and after 3 seconds, the VSC and TRC OFF light comes on !!!!

What could it be?

Help!  :cries:

It's the intake. The MAF gets a false reading and throws of the warnings. Put the stock intake back on, reset and see if it goes away and stays away. My bet is that this will cure the problem.

It's the intake.  The MAF gets a false reading and throws of the warnings. Put the stock intake back on, reset and see if it goes away and stays away.  My bet is that this will cure the problem.

But I can do that, then reset - but then, what I am supposed to do with the induction kit ? throw it away ? :cries:

I have only just bought it ...........

It's the intake.  The MAF gets a false reading and throws of the warnings. Put the stock intake back on, reset and see if it goes away and stays away.  My bet is that this will cure the problem.

But I can do that, then reset - but then, what I am supposed to do with the induction kit ? throw it away ? :cries:

I have only just bought it ...........

Sell it. Almost all intakes cause that problem because it makes the MAF get a false reading.

The only intakes I know of that don't do that are SRT because it uses a piggy back ECU to correct the readings, or any of the intakes that just change the tube and not the MAF location.