Sc430 Seat Memory Initialization Again

Ragtop Girl

For the second time my sc430 has lost the ability to memorize the seat positions. Happened when brand new and happened again today after the dealer disconnected it to replace the carpet. Service dept no help on phone - want me to go back in, but it's time and distance. I know there is a way to re-set the seat program so it will "learn" again. Usually it's done when the car is new and doesnt have to be done again. When I try to set my seat positions nothing happens - no beep - no nothing. Yes, I'm holding it for three seconds with the car in park and my foot off the break. HELP

Isn't there a "SET" button next to your seat memory buttons?

If so, put the seat, mirrors, and steering wheel where you want them.

Press and HOLD the set button.

Press the memory button that you want to program.

It will beep to let you know it is complete.

Repeat the process for each memory you want to program.

Tom

For the second time my sc430 has lost the ability to memorize the seat positions.  Happened when brand new and happened again today after the dealer disconnected it to replace the carpet.  Service dept no help on phone - want me to go back in, but it's time and distance.  I know there is a way to re-set the seat program so it will "learn" again.    Usually it's done when the car is new and doesnt have to be done again.  When I try to set my seat positions nothing happens - no beep - no nothing.    Yes, I'm holding it for three seconds with the car in park and my foot off the break.  HELP

:P The same thing was done to my car when they replaced the seat. You have to move the seat all the way forward and then all the way back or vice versa, put the seat where you want it and then set the memory as normal. It is somewhere in your owner's manual.

Lou K

Thanks for previous post, but I know how to set the buttons. I went back to the dealer yesterday. After my seat was unplugged by the dealer for previous work it had to be "initialized" again- to do this you take the seat all the way up - all the way back, tilt all the way forward and then back. Unfortunately it's not in the owners manual and the service rep wasn't familiar with it. A real pain when they don't give you info.

• 3 years later...
Thanks for previous post, but I know how to set the buttons. I went back to the dealer yesterday. After my seat was unplugged by the dealer for previous work it had to be "initialized" again- to do this you take the seat all the way up - all the way back, tilt all the way forward and then back. Unfortunately it's not in the owners manual and the service rep wasn't familiar with it. A real pain when they don't give you info.

Any one got an owners manual as PDf file ( 2004 SC430) . I just bought it over the weeked and it didn't come with an owners manual.

Thanks,

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the comment on resetting the memory seats, I drove the seat forward then back, then tilted the seat forward then back, this reset the seats and I then easily manager to set the new positions.

This needed doing as I changed the battery.

Something I notice regarding the seat positions was that if the seat is tilted back, the seat position moves forward, this may be the reason for the seat position not going fully back.

Hi Ragtop Girl. First, Let me apologize to you for not getting the help you should have from your dealer. The answer was so standard and happens every time they have to dissconect the battery, that there is no reason any one of them could not have helped you.

Another resource available to you is the search feature here on the site. I did a quick search on "seat - lost- memory," and came up with a zillion refferences. A further refinement might have gotten us the specific answer. As you know, when the battery is disconnected ( this really is a rare need) you have to re-enter your radio presets and any other "memory" settingds. The ECU in the engine and transmission relearn their proper settings automatically.

Thanks for joining the LOC.

Paul