Aftermarket Muffler

im a newb at this kinda stuff, but here's a question:

do you think it is worth it to get an apexi world sport universal muffler for the es300? is it worth the money? or should the es300 muffler better be kept as stock? THANKS!

I'm sure this has been discussed to death if you search. Why are you changing it for sound / looks?

Personally I'm a borla +spiral resonator fan. Nothing sounds like it! Just be ready to pay some money. Even on ebay! :ph34r:

I had exhaust custom made for my 97 ES about 4 months ago. I totalled it 2 months ago. If I don't get another ES, I will sell you my exhaust. Trust me it is better than apexi. It is an Edelbrok RPM series muffler welded to new piping and a flange so it bolts in and out of the stock flange and you can take it off whenever you want. 2.5 inlet and outlet. You know how you can see your whole stock muffler hanging down? You can not see this muffler at all except for the 3 inch chrome rolled tip I have welded on there. Looks like it should be stock. It is a 6"x2" oval-something like that and sounds amazing. No loud idle rumbling muscle car sound. No high pitch civic sound. The reason I didnt get the apexi is I researched which muffler to get for a long time and decided this was the most power and best sound for ANY price. Research Edelbrok RPM muffler online. DO a search. This muffler sounds sick as hell. If you chose not to buy from me, have an exhaust custom made from the muffler at a shop. It is the best. May be able to take pics of the muffler itself sitting in my garage, but to see some pics of it on the car check out http://www.cardomain.com/id/lextildeath. If you are interested let me know and we can talk about price. I also have Tokico HP struts and Tein S Tech lowering springs which I put on myself brand new before the accident.

Ant.

I have the Apexi World Sport II on my car with 2.5" piping. Sounds pretty good, way different from stock. Nice, deep tone. It can get a little loud when accelerating from a stop, maybe it would help if you kept the piping 2.25".

I have the Apexi World Sport II on my car with 2.5" piping. Sounds pretty good, way different from stock. Nice, deep tone. It can get a little loud when accelerating from a stop, maybe it would help if you kept the piping 2.25".

oh yeah, can any performance shop do the custom piping, and how much will it run me usually? thanks!

Any muffler shop should be able to do the job... I don't know how much it would cost where you are at, it really depends on your location. I spent almost $200 (somewhere around there) to get it installed.

Any muffler shop should be able to do the job... I don't know how much it would cost where you are at, it really depends on your location. I spent almost $200 (somewhere around there) to get it installed.

thanks for all your help! i'll definitely look into it :)