Fueling My Sc300

Hi all I'm back w/another problem. Ever since I've purchased my 95 SC300 I've had problems fueling it at the gas station. I can't just open the nozzle full throttle and let it fuel up and shut off when it gets near full. I have to keep it 1/4 to 3/4 open and constantly keep easing it into the gas tank. One time I put the nozzle in upside down with the hose sticking up and it fueled fine, but the next time I tried it it stopped immediately. Is my gas tank damaged somehow where the fuel backs up or is this a common problem? I've tried different gas stations, some nozzles with the rubber thing that captures gases and some that don't and still the same result. :o

Overall I like my SC300 a lot :D ...I love the way it looks and drives but I've had the following problems:

Front/rear lights fogging up after washing the car

EGR valve replacement

Trunk supports replaced, tired of being bonked on the head

Power mirrors not working at all and seat memory working intermittently

Door lock issues where if the doors are locked from the inside and I pull on the handle before unlocking I can't get the lock to unlock w/o putting the window down and pulling on the handle from the outside--must reset the lock(previous owner had these replaced so not sure what exactly happened)

Stereo issues w/sound quality and power and antenna going up and down when I change radio stations on the extreme higher or lower frequencies (should be fixed when I install a complete new system--head unit, speakers, free air sub, amp--and take the old system/wires completely out).

I had my 92 Honda Accord EX for 200K and replaced the distributor once. Never had problems with a 93 Acura Integra either for the year that I owned it. Isn't Lexus/Toyota supposed to make worry-free reliable cars that should have quality in mind? I just find it kind of frustrating because I figured that if I bought a Lexus I'd have peace of mind. I especially find it frustrating because it seems like lots of us are having the same issues with these cars.

Thanks for your time and help and be safe out there. B)

I can´t agree with you as mush I experienced and read about lexus it is one of the best cars out there...but it is still made from same steel etc. I quess that previous owners of your lex were bad host... I suggest you to replace it with another one which is well maintained.

your fueling problem can be fixed if you clean up sifter inside the fuel hose..I just can´t imagine how to do it... maybe someone knows. good luck!

tom

sc400