Cleaning Turmeric Based Stain On Rx330 Hood

HELP!!! :cries:

We just picked our 2005 RX330 yesterday. Color: Millenium Silver, light gray interior.

To make a long story short (please don't ask what and how :( ), we now have a nickel/quarter size turmeric stain on the hood: turmeric+water mixed and touched on the hood. It was also put on the aluminium alloy wheels. We tried cleaning it with plain water but we still see light yellow color on the wheels and quarter size stain on the hood.

We are planning to get the sealant & leather protectant for exterior and interior but the stains happened before we could do that :(

Do you have any suggestions on how to get it out? I plan to take it to the dealer and show it to them.

What are all the possible ways of getting it out, with the worst case being replacing the hood (is that an option, dollars aside)?

I really appreciate your help at the earliest.

We just picked our 2005 RX330 yesterday. Color: Millenium Silver, light gray interior.

We are planning to get the sealant & leather protectant for exterior and interior but the stains happened before we could do that :(

Do you have any suggestions on how to get it out? I plan to take it to the dealer and show it to them.

What are all the possible ways of getting it out, with the worst case being replacing the hood (is that an option, dollars aside)?

What is a turmeric stain?

What is a turmeric stain?

Turmeric is a yellow colored pigment that is used in cooking and also I believe in mustard. My understanding is, it is a dye. I read on the web that turmeric stains on carpets, clothes can be removed by an oxidizing agent but I don't know if the same will apply to car paint. An oxidizing agent can remove the paint also, right?

I would just use a chemical paint cleaner like Klasse AIO to remove the stains, I'm sure they'll come out.

Secondly don't waste your money on the dealer "paint sealant" and "fabric protector" instead invest the money in a competent detailer and let him regularly maintain the vehicle, or better yet learn how to do this yourself. The money you spend on the snake oil paint sealant and stain guard will keep you in professional details for years.

I would just use a chemical paint cleaner like Klasse AIO to remove the stains, I'm sure they'll come out.

Secondly don't waste your money on the dealer "paint sealant" and "fabric protector" instead invest the money in a competent detailer and let him regularly maintain the vehicle, or better yet learn how to do this yourself. The money you spend on the snake oil paint sealant and stain guard will keep you in professional details for years.

Couldn't have given better advise!!

Instead of the stealer-ship packages, do it your self.

For the turmac stain on the carpet and seats i HIGHLY recommend the Autoglym interior shampoo.

For the paint P21S or Sonus Paintwork cleanser will also work.

As for the Klasse All In One, Yes that will be the sealant of choice to replace the dealer installed sealant.

I would also add the Klasse High Gloss sealant glaze to further protect the paint from future stains and will make the paint glisten with shine!!

Sonus Paintwork cleanser

Klasse All In One and High Gloss Sealant glaze

Autoglym Interior shampoo

You didnt pay them for the paint sealant did you?

I watched my dealer "detail" a car yesterday and it made me sick. Rotary polsiher to buff off dried caked on product, being sat on the ground between uses. They couldnt pay me to let them touch my car.

• 3 weeks later...

To make a long story short (please don't ask what and how  :(  ), we now have a nickel/quarter size turmeric stain on the hood: turmeric+water mixed and touched on the hood. It was also put on the aluminium alloy wheels. We tried cleaning it with plain water but we still see light yellow color on the wheels and quarter size stain on the hood.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get it out?

Never rest your lunch on the hood of your Lexus!

:blushing:

:o :P