Mpg For Rx330

Crystal2

Sorry about post 25,I've never done this before!

I have a 05 rx 4wd, 10k miles, I get ~20mpg overall. I have hit 26 at a steady 65mph on a 90degree day air on with nonreformulated gas.I have found that trip computer readings are about 1 mpg better than actual measured.

Reformulated gas (10 percent ethanol) costs me ~2mpg :censored: If driving style gets aggressive,overall drops to 18.In general,Im very pleased with the milage Im getting.

This is using anybodys 87 octane

I'm getting around 18 / 21 right now on my 2001 RX300. I think this will improve quite a bit once it cools off a bit and I'm not using the AC as much. I always use 93 octane fuel ... but that's mostly force of habit. My other cars required 93 and I'm used to the price.

Does anyone have any statistics on how much removing the roof rack helps MPG? There doesn't seem to be enough forward-facing surface area to have an impact, but it seems to be a big topic here. Has anyone done a "before and after" to see how much this helped?

I feel you on the premium charges on the RX400h. I went in to look at one just the other day and just couldn't bring myself to pay that much more when the break-even point is so far away. I'm guessing that as gas prices continue to rise, we're going to see a lot more hybrids. So, I'm waiting for the supply to catch up. But thanks to all those who have already purchased one, you're telling manufacturers what we want.

DJ

We have owned a 2005 RX330 AWD for about 8 months now and most of our driving is in town, stop and go. The car averages about 15-16mpg. On the highway, it is closer to 18.5. I hear that the front drive only models are a bit better.