97 Es 300

nnt

Hi Friends of Lexus owner...

I have 97 es 300 with 130 k miles on it. I just did full tune up with all OEM,

cost me $ 290. oil, air, fuel- filters ,pvc, wires, plugs and mobil syth-oil for high miles. The car run like new.

I bought it last year 119k for $ 10,000, 1 owner. Now it 130 k.

My check engine like come on and check the code with my machanic the scanner showing Vapor problem, EVPA, code # 466. can any one from Lexus can tell me which one I should replace.

thank you

try the vapor pressure sensor.thats most likely what it is thats why your check engine light is on.theres also a vacum switching valve that works with that sensor and that might be the trouble.try the sensor first.

you can follow the vacum hose strait to the sensor by looking at the charcoal canistor and then follow the line in the back near the switch and you will see it go up to the sensor.the charcoal canister is usally on the left side near the brake fluid.thats how it is on mine anyway.

when you fill up at the pump, do you force fill after the pump shuts off?

If so stop doing that.

I have read several post where people stopped doing that and the code associated with the Vapor and charcol canisters went away.

If not, then call your lexus dealer. They should be able to tell you what the code means and what the fix is over the phone.

steviej

me too!i always pump it till its about to spill over.one thing i dont do is let it get under a quarter tank because after you get under that you start to pull up the dirt at the bottom of the tank and that can cause fuel problems like fuel pump etc.. at least thats what i think but in order to get a good mpg reading you would need to run it down to near empty.

Thank you all

I will try all the of them, Yes I do fill it up all the way whan I put the gas, and some time the gas go down to the end and gas light come on. I'll try to stop doing them.

Thank again....