How Much For A 95?

nc211

I'm just curious, how much would you guys think a 95LS400 with 100k, in perfect condition with all the repairs I've done already be worth if up for sale? It's black with jade, standard stereo, no trac control, no heated seats, but does have lexus phone and cd changer. Tires are fine, brakes need new pads soon and a proper alignment + balance due to recent work done. Other than that, it's flawless. Any suggestions?

From my data, $12,000 is bottom figure here in Raleigh. I think I could get $13,200 considering all of those repairs, but from the right person who is knowledgable about these cars and understood just how dramatic my repairs are to the life of the car. Blake, just got one of those rainy day funks today, slow at work and saw a really nice Infiniti QX4 SUV this morning. I've always liked those trucks. Plus, I'm starting to get a little tired of the constant repairs. The brakes are bad, the a/c is making that whinning noise and I can't get it aligned & balanced anywhere right except for the dealer at $170 a pop. Just going through that 100k mark. I'm sure I'll snap out of it shortly. Just getting on my last nerve hunting around for fixes. But, she is a Lexus LS400, can't beat that.

After all the work you just put into her you got to keep her for a while. Seems like you ve gotten all the big repairs out of the way for next 100k. Truth is its allways somehting on cars. Id say keep it.

Oh yeah, I agree completely. I'm gonna keep it for a while, can't find anything I'd rather want for the price. Although I do love those 99' Tahoes, but hate Cheverolet completely. Just got that spring fever itchin' for a toy, it runs in my family :whistles: . I think I'll go test drive a VW GTI pocket rocket for fun. If I had it my way, I'd have a 90's series 300Z in my garage too, and a 89 Jeep Wrangler, and a......

:cheers:

Of course if maintance wouldn't force me into 3rd world living conditions, I wouldn't mind this 1988 BMW 750 il with 24k original miles on it! What a find!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4553526197&rd=1

I am going to buy a 93 with 93k for 6900.. I did see two 95's with 70-80k miles for 10,700 to 11,500. Both of these I test drove over the past month. Both sold for the price stated.

Did the car get the timing belt changed?

Was the front end tight?

I drove 3 and 2 of them had some clicking and shaking.... 2k for repairs to come..

Good luck and I love the 95 dash, but not the rims..

Blake, just got one of those rainy day funks today, slow at work and saw a really nice Infiniti QX4 SUV this morning. I've always liked those trucks. Plus, I'm starting to get a little tired of the constant repairs. The brakes are bad, the a/c is making that whinning noise and I can't get it aligned & balanced anywhere right except for the dealer at $170 a pop. Just going through that 100k mark. I'm sure I'll snap out of it shortly. Just getting on my last nerve hunting around for fixes. But, she is a Lexus LS400, can't beat that.

We all get those trade-in bugs from time to time, and it'll pass. I was bitten like crazy(although I could never afford that car right now) when I test drove a '02 S430 last week for a friend; what a car! Its interior space was phenominal. If you were fearless enough to tackle the front end, you'll laugh at brake pads. They take 45 minutes if you stop for a soft drink break every 5 minutes, and OE pads are ~$50. I always bring my LS to one of those mom and pop tire stores for tire work because they are very service oriented and do good work at a good price. Alignment and balance for $170 is rediculous. I've been in withdrawals since I haven't been able to drive my LS in 5 days, and it will be another 3 before I can climb in to the driver's seat and take her for a cruise. It's worth the wait for the improvements being made. Very few vehicles can compare to a LS. Please don't get a '99 Tahoe. lol I can give you many, many horror stories about our(and some friends') '99 Suburban.

:cheers: