Elec Arial Not Going Down

hey, just recently my arial has decided to stop working. Luckily, it has stopped working in the up position.

The main problem is the shockingly loud noise it makes while (i guess) the teeth are trying to retract the arial...

it;'s not broken or bent.

Can anyone help? should I attempt a fix myself? or just pay for a repair...

Hrmm.. That happend to my dads es250 Years ago... we just left it like that and eventually sold it (not because of that problem :P ) As for the grinding noise... I dunno... Scann through some old posts. i think there was something about fixing or replacing that. My 97' doesn't have an antena, so I don't know much, Sorry i couldn't do more for ya!

~ProZac~

Cool, I guess I'll just remove it and try to add it again...

Also, I've noticed that whilst the reception in the radio is fine, there is a noticeable diff in volume for the cd (being far louder) I figured this was normal. Is it?

yes the cd is louder in mine too.if it dont affect the sound then dont even mess with it unless its a mental thing and it starts to get on your nerves like it probably would to me.