Future Es300 Owner

Hello, my names Dan and im from massachusetts.

I hope, by the end of this summer i will be buying an ES300. Probably a 1998-99. I am 17, and make just enough to afford one, and by selling my current car at the same time.

I would rather have an SC300 in manual, but since those are so hard to come buy, id figure id go with my second love, the es300.

Anythign to look out for when buying one of these? I think a 1998 is right for me because i have already found some good deals - low miles, affordable. But anyways, any advice?

Thanks

the only thing I have heard of is to make sure the oil changes were kept up regularly because these engines are particularly good at creating sludge. So make sure they have all the maintenance records and such. Do a search for used car buying tips as well to look at all the little things you should do when inspecting.

Welcome to the club! B) Do a search with regards to the 97-98 ES. But what chris said, it s VERY important to make sure you have all service records (not just oil changes) for the car & know that it is up to date because of the engine gelling problem. Let us know when you get your new ride. ;)

:cheers:

Hello, my names Dan and im from massachusetts.

I hope, by the end of this summer i will be buying an ES300. Probably a 1998-99. I am 17, and make just enough to afford one, and by selling my current car at the same time.

I would rather have an SC300 in manual, but since those are so hard to come buy, id figure id go with my second love, the es300.

Anythign to look out for when buying one of these? I think a 1998 is right for me because i have already found some good deals - low miles, affordable. But anyways, any advice?

Thanks

Dan, look into the 1999 ES300. That's when the engine is updated to VVT-i (variable valve timing w/ intelligence), and Lexus added an extra 10 hp compared to its predecessor 1998 model :D

Will do ^ . Anyways, i will probably be buying the lexus of ebay, unless i can find one local. Ebay can be sketchy but my mom has bought 3 cars of ebay for great deals (Benz SLK230, Audi, Celica).

Another thing i am extremely into js modifying cars. My celica has a 3SGTE engine in it and makes around 300 hp, 18" Enkei RS6 rims, and a lot of other stuff. The only thing i have found for this car is springs ( i have read the stickies ), but there arent any exhausts ( i wouldnt want anything loud, just a nice classy exhaust ).

Ive been eyeing these rims for awhile waiting for when i make the sport car -> Luxury car move. http://www.wheelsnext.com/product.phtml?p=744 What do you think? I have searched a bit and i havent found any es300 pics with 18s. Can you guys give some links?

here is an 02 ES with 18" Enkeis.

gallery_688_27_1099536065.jpg

The picture was shot in Cohasset, MA. Where are you in this fine state?

As for other pictures, thumb through the Gallery and the Garage. One member, HoeBag comes to mind. It hink he has 18s on his earlier ES.

What do you want to spend on rims? That website link seemed pricey.